Royal Babies and Tots Nursery Review for Liberty of the Seas

mymollysue

Thanks! I'll ask for the playpen ahead of time. It's a good idea to ask for milk. I was going to take some Horizon milks but the less I have to carry the better. Also do u know if they have laundry service and how much it costs?

Has anybody cruise in a family room before? We booked a family room as it's such a long trip in a TA.

Unfortunately, you can only book the times when you get on the ship. I also liked the fact that with Disney you could book it ahead of time. It took some of the pressure off. On the Liberty, we got to the nursery right when it opened and had no problems getting times. Also, the fact that you are going on a TA will probably mean less children. I have done one TA and there were no infants on the cruise and only 4 children. Granted it was on Celebrity, but still I think TA's generally have less children.

I am not sure about the diaper situation. I carried on my DD's diaper bag so I had diapers with me at all times. Make sure to request a pack n play ahead of time. One thing I also did, was have room service bring me milk every morning at a certain time and then I stored the milk in the fridge. That way I always had some in the cabin for in the morning and before bed. I also brought a small container of dish detergent to rinse out her sippy cups.

Have a great trip!

Oh this is interesting..I was under the impression that there was no inroom babysitter or nursery on the Celebrity ships for under 2yr olds..am I incorrect. We were thinking booking with Princess only because they had the best service for our 1yr old as well as self service launderette. :confused:

Oh this is interesting..I was under the impression that there was no inroom babysitter or nursery on the Celebrity ships for under 2yr olds..am I incorrect. We were thinking booking with Princess only because they had the best service for our 1yr old as well as self service launderette. :confused:

Found this on the Celebrity website...

Toddler Time for children under age 3

Toddler time allows parents and toddlers to interact with other children their age. Fun Factory Staff members provide suitable toys for this age group, including LeapFrog® interactive toys. In accordance with USPH policies and standards, Celebrity has provided each ship with lavatory-based changing tables and baby wipes. Children participating in organized events must be fully potty trained; however, you can accompany your child to any organized activity if they're not.

Babysitting Services

Parents, enjoy a night out. Use our babysitting services, in both the Fun Factory and in individual staterooms. For a fee of $6 per hour per child, children ages 3-11 can participate in the Afternoon Party from noon-2PM on port days and/or the evening Slumber Party from 10PM-1AM. For a fee of $19 per hour, for up to three children within the same family, parents can arrange for a private, in-stateroom babysitter, subject to availability. Children must be 12 months or older to be eligible for in-stateroom babysitting. Please arrange 24 hours in advance.

Thanks for the review. I am planning a cruise for next January and have been toying with RCI. I was leaning towards Carnival b/c they have a childrens program that starts at age 2, but I was also considering Liberty and it is nice to know the Nursery was a good option.

Hopefully in January there will not be many children, b/c I think I'd want more than 10 hours. My son will be 2 next January.

jandj1224--I am not quite sure if there would be interaction between the two since the nursery is completely separate from the 3y group and I am not sure how strict they are. I would call and find out. I think some of it might depend on if your 3 year old is potty trained. I could be wrong though.

Kidsx5-In January I think you will be ok. We went the beginning of December and got more than 10 hours. What I would do is book your 10 hours when you get on the ship. I believe the nursery opens for bookings at 1pm but that was on the LOS. It may be different on other ships. The next evening, see what availability they have for more hours. In addition, on our last evening, I called them at the last minute and asked if they had availability and they did. So it is worth it to always call and ask.

Thanks for posting this! I have an almost three year and we are sailing on Freedom of the Seas this March and I'm hoping that he will have a good time in the nursery. I'd love to book him in the nursery a few nights to coincide with his big brother and sister's 7-10pm Adventure Ocean timeslot. We will be sailing over Spring Break, so I'm sure it will be packed with kids and we'll be limited to 10 hours.

For those with experience with the two to three year olds in the nursery- what types of things do the care givers do with the kids in the evenings? I guess I'm just hoping that the "almost three's" are cared for/entertained differently than the 10 month old kids. Is the nursery zoned for younger kids/older kids? There's a huge difference between a 6 month old and a 2 year 11 month old!

Thanks for posting this! I have an almost three year and we are sailing on Freedom of the Seas this March and I'm hoping that he will have a good time in the nursery. I'd love to book him in the nursery a few nights to coincide with his big brother and sister's 7-10pm Adventure Ocean timeslot. We will be sailing over Spring Break, so I'm sure it will be packed with kids and we'll be limited to 10 hours.

For those with experience with the two to three year olds in the nursery- what types of things do the care givers do with the kids in the evenings? I guess I'm just hoping that the "almost three's" are cared for/entertained differently than the 10 month old kids. Is the nursery zoned for younger kids/older kids? There's a huge difference between a 6 month old and a 2 year 11 month old!

I would highly recommend getting to the nursery as soon as it opens to guarantee the time slots you want. The hours you are requesting are the most popular (as they are the dinner/show hours) and since you are on a Spring Break cruise, you are right to assume the ship will be packed with kids.

My DD was 2 on this past LOS cruise. I am trying to recall what they had for them. They had gym mats on the floor and some things to climb on. They had puzzles and other fisher price toys out. They did play age appropriate television shows (Dora was a biggie that was always on). They fed them snacks and meals if you wanted. There was one big play area with a separate sleeping area for the younger ones with cribs. For the older kids, they had mats on the floor for them to lay down on in the main area. I did see rocking chairs as well.

On the first day (when you can book your nursery hours) they have an open house so you can see the activities they have available. From what I recall, the younger and older ones were combined but to be honest, on our cruise, I did not see any little ones (under a year) in the nursery. It was mostly utilized by those with toddlers. But since you are going during a popular time, I would ask during the open house, how the younger ones are separated. I am sure there is a safety issue when you have toddlers around babies.

Another off topic question, but what did you do with your daughter when you were on shore? Did you go to the beach? Did you have a stroller or a carrier, or did you just carry her around? Thanks for all of your help!

We brought an umbrella stroller with. In Jamaica, we went to a resort for the day that had pools, water slides, a lazy river, lunch, and beach access. We were there from 10ish-1:30. In Lababdee, we went to the beach. We got on the beach around 9:30 and left at 1ish so that our DD could nap back on the ship. I think beach excursions are great for little ones. They usually love playing in the sand and going in the water. My DD is not one who likes being in her stroller (although we did bring it) so shopping at the ports was very quick.

Archived