NCL Sun Cat Ad ?'s

LibertyBelle

This will be hubbies first NCL cruise as well as our wedding anniversary and my birthday. I wanted to make it special so I booked a Cat AD (room 9001) was wondering if anyone had pictures of this room (or other Cat AD rooms) or if anyone has stayed in one and had any comments about it (good or bad). We have never sailed all the way forward, but heard that front was the best place for an Alaska cruise. Decided on this room because it has the balcony facing forward... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;05;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

NCL Sun...ALASKA

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 2003; Carnival Spirit 2003; RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2002; RCCL Voyager of the Seas 2002; Disney Wonder May & Dec 2001; Disney Magic 2001; RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 2000; Disney Magic 1999; Disney Wonder 1999; Carnival Ecstasy 1999; NCL Norway 1998; Carnival Fantasy 1998; NCL Leeward 1997; Commodore Caribe I 1986

Hi. We sailed on the Sun in an AD last summer in Alaska. Send me an e-mail (my address is in my profile), and I'll send you some photos.

It was the perfect place to be while in Glacier Bay last year, as well as when we were arriving and departing the ports. There are some bar stools that you can sit on while on your balcony as well as deck chairs. It does get a little windy at times, but we really weren't bothered by it.

The bathroom was larger than some cabins we have had on other ships! There is also a DVD/CD player with a great sound system in the room. Make sure to use the concierge for dinner reservations.

Thank you so much, I must be missing your email address, I can't find it. If you could send the pictures to me at Libertybelle99@aol.com

Thanks I really appreciate it icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;05;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

NCL Sun...ALASKA

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 2003; Carnival Spirit 2003; RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2002; RCCL Voyager of the Seas 2002; Disney Wonder May & Dec 2001; Disney Magic 2001; RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 2000; Disney Magic 1999; Disney Wonder 1999; Carnival Ecstasy 1999; NCL Norway 1998; Carnival Fantasy 1998; NCL Leeward 1997; Commodore Caribe I 1986

Than you! Thank you! Thank you! I am so excited about the cruise. We had booked the AC but decided to go for the front of the ship this time instead of the back (we had the back last year) and I was hesitant to change because the AC was bigger, but the AD looks perfect... Thanks again icon_smile.gif

NCL Sun...ALASKA

We were in 9202 AD on the Sun. It was awesome, wind never bothered us, view was wonderful, bathrooms very large and room stewards the best we had in our 6 cruises. Ray, the concierge was on top of everything. We are now going on the Sun again in Nov. and have done the opposite of you, we're in an AC catagory room. Can you give me an example of what to expect in the back of the ship? It will be our sons first cruise and we have a seperate bedroom it looks like from the description of the room. enjoy!

We always sail aft... I love being able to sit on the balcony and watch the wake from the ship. The only problem we have had with aft balconies is a hit or miss issue with the soot from the stack of the ship. We have had soot all over the balcony chairs on one cruise (which the room steward was VERY good about cleaning up when he was there and then he would tip the chairs up and push them to a place where they would not get soot on them while we were out)... soot was wierd though, it never got on us when we were on the balcony only when we were out of the room...we have also sailed where we have seen no sign of soot whatsoever that is why I say it is hit or miss. The Ac on the sun is two seperate rooms with a door dividing them (instead of the curtain) so it will be very nice for you to have some privacy and will also allow your son to have some too...I am not very good at finding things I have downloaded, but I have a clip of the AC that someone sent to me from the boards he walked through the room with his video camera so it showed you everything. I will se if hubby can find it for me and I can send it to you icon_smile.gif

NCL Sun...ALASKA

We were in Suite 9002 for our Honeymoon last November. We were very pleased with the room. Originally scheduled in a mini-suite, we were offered an upgrade about four weeks prior to the trip.

It was our first cruise, so we did not have a comparison. The room was large enough and the bathroom was HUGE. The balcony was well used & we never saw anyone else. Nor did we HEAR anyone else which was surprising.

We took advantage of the butler service - maybe even TOO much. (we tipped well). You can order room service from any of the restaurants aboard, so we spent most of the nights in our cabin. They will come set up a beautiful table prior to serving the meal & will even course your meal if you want.

All in all, we were VERY HAPPY with our AD suite on the Sun.

Aimee G.

aimee@riedererlaw.com

LibertyBelle,

If you happen to find that video, I'd LOVE to see it. We'll be on the Sun in an AC March 19,2005 and our friends will be in an AC also. We were going back and forth between the AA and the AC and decided on the AC because of the aft location. I have heard that the balcony on the AA's weren't used as much because of wind being forward on the ship. I really wanted the extra space and layout of the AA but I don't want to be like Leo on Titanic at the front of the ship! The video of the AC might put my mind at ease about the size and layout of the room.

Happy Cruising!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;05;06;5;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Days To Go Until The Sensation!

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

You bet, I will have my husband look for it tonight... It looked really nice,I was impressed with it, but we decided on the AD for the front balcony because it is an Alaska Cruise, had it been anywhere but Alaska we would have stuck with the AC for sure icon_smile.gif

NCL Sun...ALASKA

LibertyBelle,

Thank you for the info and if you get that video, I'd love to see it too. Our son will be glad to have his own space. We are considering letting him bring one of his school friends. It sounds as if there would plenty of room for 4 if needed. Or we could get a second cabin(much less the cost) and send the 2 boys off and keep the AC to ourselves icon_wink.gif

Archived