Traveling on the Sea -- ??? about Houston

ute_fan

for the information. I will keep that in mind. Haven't work on the rental yet. Trying to get all the test results and report cards done before school is out. Trying to get on CC board to just check whenever possible. I also took down the directions you gave, now I know we won't get lost! ;)

jrchvatal...We are sailing on the Dream in Oct. and staying at the La Quinta Inn in La Porte Friday night. We read some very positive reviews of a restaurant near our hotel called Antonio's Italian Grill. Have you eaten there? What did you think? Any alternative suggestions? Thank You.

Also, does anyone know if Kay's Transportation is operating again. I read posts that they were temporarily out of business until further notice.

farjar - I am very familiar with Antonio's. It's one of my favorite places to eat! Aside from Las Hadas, an excellent mexican food restaurant, there aren't any other true restaurant choices in walking distance from your hotel. There is a Skillet's in the La Quinta parking lot, but it's like a Denny's.

I have put together a map of the La Porte area with all the hotels and various places located within walking distance. If you'll give me your e-mail address, I'll send it to you. I've also put togehter other "crusing" information about La Porte you might find helpful.

Dear jrchvatal, The information you mentioned would be greatly appreciated. I'm not very techno-savvy, it took a while just to figure out how to use the boards. Should I post my email in a reply or is there another way it get it to you? Thank you.

jrchvatal:

Could you please send the info to me? We will be staying at the Comfort Suites in La Porte. Is Antonio's or Las Hadas in walking distance from there also? Any idea how much transportation costs from Houston Hobby to La Porte? Any suggestions are appreciated......

punkgal1984@yahoo.com

Thanks for your help.

farjar - please post your e-mail address as a reply to this message and I will get the information to you.

making waves - I'll get the info to you in the next couple of days. Both Antonio's and Las Hadas are within about the same walking distance from the Comfort Suites. Las Hadas may be just a tad bit further, but not much. What I e-mail you will have some info about transportation from Hobby, but you might also search the boards. I'm going to do the same to update my information.

Jana

Sorry, been out of town. Would definately appreciate any information that would make our cruise experience more enjoyable. My address is farjar2000@yahoo.com. It really is kind of you to help others out likes this since going to an unfamiliar city can cause concerns. Thank you again. Farjar :)

jrchvatal said I

have put together a map of the La Porte area with all the hotels and various places located within walking distance. If you'll give me your e-mail address, I'll send it to you. I've also put togehter other "crusing" information about La Porte you might find helpful.

Could you also send me the same info? Thank you, bogees_brew@bellsouth.net

Jana: Please add me (cavcmy@attglobal.net) to the list for the La Porte information particularly information on transportation from Hobby Thank you for all you do to help us out. We appreciate you!

Hey everyone - just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about sending the guide to you. I wanted to get it updated, so I've been working on that and hope to have it finished by the end of the week. Just want to make sure you get the best info I can give you!!

Jana

I sailed on Sea in Feb '04 - flew into Hobby the day before and stayed at a motel near the airport -- I think it was Knights In -- good rates -- also cab fare from motel to ship was about $25 -- I guess it is much closer than Bush - on return, there were busses arranged by NCL to both airports - about $15 -- much easier and cheaper than renting a car -- Saturday traffic in Houston area should not be a problem.

Archived