Golden Princess outside cabin layouts

Adventures ahead

We usually book an obstructed view cabin and were upgraded to an oceanview forward cabin on Plaza deck 5 on the Golden this summer. We're sailing on the Golden again and getting close to cabin assignment.

I've always found the Princess website deck plans to be accurate for the cabin locations as they line up to the life boats. However, when you click on an OV or oceanview cabin on the deck plan, the picture shows the bed under the window. After clicking on the cabin, and 'view details', the drawing shows the preferred layout with the bed not under the window. All of the OV cabins we've had have been the more spacious layout as shown on the drawing.

I was surprised that the oceanview cabin we were upgraded to had the bed under the window. Does anyone know if all of the oceanview (not OV) cabins on the Golden have the same layout (with the bed under the window)? If so, I'd rather hang on to our OV cabin.

The one set of pics I can find of an OV on P deck on the Golden shows the beds under the window. Now, I also found a pic of a double on the Sapphire on P deck and it also shows the beds under the window, so that might be the standard set up for that deck. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Laura

a fairly accurate way to tell is if the cabin has 3rd/4th berth capacity, the heads of the beds will be at the window, pointing toward to the main corridor. if its just a 2 person room the beds will likely be parallel with the main corridor. im sure there are exceptions to the rule, but this is what I found generally.

We recently sailed on the Golden in an obstructed OV, E305. The room layout has the bed placed as shown when you click "view details", not placed under the window. BTW, note that the six most forward category DD OV staterooms look across the upper promenade deck as do the most forward four category BE/BF balcony staterooms.

We were on a RCCL cruise about 6 years ago, and our friends had an inside cabin with two kids. The kids had the bunks (of course) and the parents 're-designed' the room so that they could have their beds together.;) They pushed them together and put them at a right angle under one of the bunks. The cabin steward never said a word. So, my take on it....if the beds are movable (which they are because of the single or double configuration) they can be moved anywhere, providing there is space. So if there is room to put them on another wall....why not?? :rolleyes:

We recently sailed on the Golden in an obstructed OV, E305. The room layout has the bed placed as shown when you click "view details", not placed under the window...

Exactly right. You see the real layout only by clicking 'view details'.

My question for others is if anyone knows whether or not all regular, oceanview cabins (not balcony or obstructed view cabins on Emerald deck 8) have the head of the bed under the window.

My question for others is if anyone knows whether or not all regular, oceanview cabins (not balcony or obstructed view cabins on Emerald deck 8) have the head of the bed under the window.

Have to disagree, my father/mother in law had E106 on a cruise last year, the layout matched the picture (beds against window) , NOT the diagram shown when clicking "view details"

I do not agree with this statement, because it was not correct for our room on the Golden.

I think runnerodb83 had it correctly listed above. The actual layout is not dependant on whether the room is obstructed or unobstructed oceanview. It depends more on whether the room holds a third or fourth person. I think some of the oddly shaped rooms may also not adhere to this 'rule', too.

We had an obstructed oceanview on Golden which had the bunks for the 3/4th persons; the beds were up by the window. The deckplan picture for that room is only half correct (shows beds against window, but not the upper bunks). The View Details was completely INCORRECT as the drawing (showing beds with the heads against the walls) was not the layout at all.

Archived