Star 3-29-05- Some Observations

karfest

Cruzin Tom,

Hey, fellow Washingtonian:) .

Though some of the seats in the Autotorium need to be replaced. They seem to slant down-hill.

They all slant downhill...it's to keep you on the edge of your seat.

(seriously, though, they do slant downhill).

Karen, good review! Thanks for posting, saves me from needing to! :D

I agree, this was a great cruise! I really like the Star, and DH loved the restaurant choices. Food was really quite good!

Besides the water taxi on Zihuatanejo, going to the beach, we also really enjoyed the beach at Cabo. We walked the whole way around the marina, taking maybe 30 minutes! We stopped at the first lounge chairs, and asked some people if they were for rent. They were staying there, but suggested we ask at the beach bar. We could use the chairs, have an umbrella, just for the cost of drinks! Not being drinkers, we were able to just have smoothies, $7 for two, two chairs, and an umbrella! It was at the Hacienda. To leave, we went through the lobby, cutting off a few minutes of walking! A water taxi would've been a better way to get to the beach! We went to the HRC for a hot fudge sundae, then shopped our way back to the tender.

Julie, yes it was me, asking if Karen knew you! :D We do need to get a group together here again this year. I think we might get more to come, if it was at a centrally located restaurant. Maybe Billygan's??? Or Stuart Anderson's? Somewhere along the freeway would be easier for others. I have some folks that might meet, if we'd get something going!

Fort San Diego, right across from the pier on Acapulco, was interesting to tour. Good views from on top, too!

Next time I go to the MR, I will only do beaches and some shopping! I've toured enough, having been 3 times.

Anyone who's snorkeled in the MR and Caribbean, can you tell me if it'd be worth taking snorkeling gear next time? I was worried the water wasn't warm enough, nor enough fish to see!

Fun meeting all you Star Grazers!:D

Well, I'm glad others had issues with the chairs- I thought I was the unlucky one with a broken chair. How bizarre to have it slanting forward. Just one of those odd quirks, I guess:)

Nita- admitting that you liked freestyle is fighting words on some of the other boards! Look out!

Looks like the excitement on the Dawn will be taking over the boards for a while. I told my boss it would be a great deal to get 50% off, another 50% cruise credit and free drinks! He said he would have been crapping his pants! (he was on the Dawn on the inaugural cruise) I think it would be an Adventure, as long as everyone got home safe and sound.

originally posted by budgetEd

If u can't use your NCL certificates, I'll take em off your hands

:D Thanks for the offer to help. There MUST be some rule against that, though;) (that's my story...)

Nita, I'm up for any type of gathering. I must admit to dreaming about that beautiful day on the river last May and looking forward to sailing the Steamboat Rose again (cruisecritics or no). Okay, okay, a craving for the cheesecake they served might have something to do with it. Sorry I missed the one in Olympia.

Karen, I know!! It seems so weird to "know" people you have never met.

Archived