Forms for Traveling with (other peoples) Minor Children?

parrotthead

We are taking our GrandBaby <will be 8mo>,(who lives with us- but we do not have gaurdianship of, Mumsa lives with us too, but is not going on cruise) and our Niece<11yrs> with us in Feb, on the Triumph. I know we can just take a notorized 'letter' from GB's Mumsa and Nieces' Parents, but I think I remember Someone posting an actual Form a while back... Does anyone have such a document? Or even a Sample Letter? _ ( I dont know exactly *what* it should say, and dont want any hassle)

Hopefully this would also include the Consent for Medical Treatment.

Any Help, Please?:)'

You don't mention the status of the child's father, but he will need to be accounted for either by his signing the notarized statement, by having a copy of his death certificate (if he is deceased) or by having a copy of the court order granting full custody of the child to your daughter.

See the following article for good information on traveling outside the U.S. with a minor child.

http://www.familytravelnetwork.com/articles/tips_international_familytravel_documents.asp

Your computer most likely has word pad or note pad under the program accessories. If not, go to your local library and use their computers.

Just copy and paste this.

This is for 2 parents not traveling

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL

Date: __________

We, ____________________________& ____________________________, authorize our minor child, _________________________________________,

to travel with __________________ _________________________ out of the United States on the cruise ship Carnival ___________________________ on ________________ visiting (but not limited to) _________________________ _____________________________and ______________________________. Expected date of return: _______________________.

In addition, I authorize consent to, ____________________________, for any necessary routine or emergency treatment during aforementioned trip.

Signed: ________________________________________

Address: ________________________________________

Phone: ________________________________________

Sworn to and signed before me, a Notary Public,

this _________ day of ____________________

Notary Public Signature and Seal

This is for 1 missing parent

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL

Date: __________

I, __________________________, authorize my minor child, ______________

_______________, to travel with his/her father/ mother, __________________ ______________________ out of the United States on the cruise ship Carnival ______________________ on ________________ visiting (but not limited to) ____________________ and ___________________. Expected date of return: _______________________.

In addition, I authorize consent to parent, _________________________, for any necessary routine or emergency treatment during aforementioned trip.

Address: ________________________________________

Phone: ________________________________________

Sworn to and signed before me, a Notary Public,

this _________ day of ____________________

Notary Public Signature and Seal

You don't mention the status of the child's father, but he will need to be accounted for either by his signing the notarized statement, by having a copy of his death certificate (if he is deceased) or by having a copy of the court order granting full custody of the child to your daughter.

See the following article for good information on traveling outside the U.S. with a minor child.

http://www.familytravelnetwork.com/articles/tips_international_familytravel_documents.asp

No Worries, Daughters name is the Only one on the BirthCirt.

:)

I don't mean to highjack your post, ParrotHead...but reading this spawned a thought...my eldest is my stepson. He's been with us for the past 6 yrs (he's almost 17). His parents were never married but my husband's name is on the birth cert. We don't have any court appointed "formal" documentatin stating who has custody...we all get along and have always been able to amicably make decisions without anyone getting upset. With all of this being said, will we have to bring anything besides his passport when we cruise next Winter? I obviously have the same last name as my stepson so I wouldn't think it would raise any eyebrows.

His mother knows we're going on a cruise so it's not like she would scream "kidnapping".

Just a thought.

I don't mean to highjack your post, ParrotHead...but reading this spawned a thought...my eldest is my stepson. He's been with us for the past 6 yrs (he's almost 17). His parents were never married but my husband's name is on the birth cert. We don't have any court appointed "formal" documentatin stating who has custody...we all get along and have always been able to amicably make decisions without anyone getting upset. With all of this being said, will we have to bring anything besides his passport when we cruise next Winter? I obviously have the same last name as my stepson so I wouldn't think it would raise any eyebrows.

His mother knows we're going on a cruise so it's not like she would scream "kidnapping".

Just a thought.

My Guess is that since you are a couple (man/woman) with the same last name as the 'child' and with a passport you would probably have no problem. (esp with a child that age, I "think" all this applies to children Under 16--I "think" thats why there are different rules for getting PassPorts for kids under 16)

My girls never had a "father" around and I traveled with them all over and never thought a thing about it...never had a problem. (that was 'back in the day' tho)

Both children Im taking have the same last name as I and both Look JUST like me...both are frequently mistaken for my own children...

(my family has strong genes--lol---we say my mother does not have grandkids, she has grandclones)---

so IF we were a Male/Female couple I dont think anyone would question it at all.

We are a Female couple, so (even if they are mistaken for my own kids, clearly would not be traveling with 'both partents')

so...I do want to have all my "i"s dotted and my "t"s crossed. (we have taken the baby on several trips already in his short 6 months with no problems, but out of the country is another story these days)

Archived