Transportation from Galveston to Intercontinental Houston?

GweninTX

We are on the Crown Princess 20 day Transatlantic cruise that will be bringing her into Galveston December of 2012. Since we live in Texas we would like to leave our car in Galveston and take a shuttle or limo from Galveston to IAH for our flight to Venice. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!

What is the approximate cost for one way from Galveston to IAH? Thanks for your response!

I will be using them in March, they quoted me $140 for a sedan and $150 for a SUV. They have been very prompt and courteous in answering my questions.

Joanne

Will there sedan be large enough for 4 adults plus luggage? Is there a super shuttle service? I tried to read the super shuttle website and could not make heads or tails of Galveston service?

She told me that if we have 4 people, that she would recommend the SUV for $10 more.

Joanne

Will there sedan be large enough for 4 adults plus luggage? Is there a super shuttle service? I tried to read the super shuttle website and could not make heads or tails of Galveston service?

We have an exclusive Super Shuttle VAN for 152 each way for January. We are a party of 6.

We will be picked up at IAH and go directly to our hotel in Galveston.

On our return Super SHuttle will pick us up at the Pier (arranged a time of 10am)

and deliver us directly to IAH.

We haven't used them in the Houston/Galveston area before, but have in other cities without incident.

I simply phoned the 1-800 number and made my reservations over the phone. They charge your credit card in full at the time of the booking, which I did not fully appreciate. I think a deposit should be sufficient to hold your ride. Also, they email you confirmation.

Hope it all goes according to plan.

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Mariner in Dec. and flew in to IAH. I used texas airport car (texasairportcar.com) which cost $35 pp. The van was waiting for us at the door and it was well worth the money.

We did use the RCCL bus to return to the airport from the port. The bus stopped at both Hobby and IAH and I believe it cost $40 pp one way. Looking back I wish I would have scheduled the car service. (The bus took 2 hours to get to IAH, after stopping at Hobby. The car service only took about an hour)

The owner of the car service, Dwayne, keeps in very good contact with you and his driver had even left a voice message on my cell phone telling me exactly where he was.

Any other questions?

Used SuperShuttle, both from IAH to our hotel and back from our cruise to IAH. They were great. In fact we had to cancel at last minute due to fog delay and they refunded all my money. I rebooked for next afternoon, and they kept in contact with me via Cell phone also.

I would highly recommend them.

We had an exclusive van for 6 people and it cost 152 each way. I tipped an additional $25 to the driver.

KN

Archived