HELP!! Leaving in a week and still don't know what to do.

globalwife

We were in Curacao on a cruise two years ago and enjoyed walking around town. This time we want to hit the beach and maybe see more of the island. DH and I love snorkeling (and diving) but we will be with our 4 month old daughter so it changes the plans a bit. We want to keep the expense low. I was thining that maybe we can take a quick island tour with a bus at the port and end at the Sea Aquarium beach. Can you snorkel there? If so, is the water calm? We won't be able to do it at the same time sincce one of will need to stay with our DD. Is there plenty of shade available at this beach? Any other suggestions??? Leaving in a week and I hate not having this stop planned.

The "quick" island tour is sold outside of Rif Fort for 15 to 20 bucks (depending on demand); it's 2-2.5 hrs with 45 min on the beach. Watch for green school bus (I think it's called Irie).

Sea Aquarium beach (also called Mambo) is very good; calm lagoon and lots of shade. People snorkel there but there is not much fish to see. Admission is $3pp + $3 for sunbed. Can be reached by taxi from dock ($20) or public minivan for $1.50pp; they go from market in Punda (15 min walk from dock). May be 4 blocks after crossing pontoon bridge (left and then right)

DW and I did a Segway tour of Willemstad (cannot recommend that highly enough, absolutely a blast) then grabbed our snorkel gear and took a taxi (15 dollars plus a tip) to Sea Aquarium beach.

Once you get outside the breakwater (be a good snorkeler to attempt this) the snorkeling is okay. There are some small coral, a number of smaller fish and a few larger fish (including parrot fish), and the waves weren't that big when we tried. One thing I would recommend is getting loungers in the shade, as the direct sun that close to the Equator is exhausting and dehydrating over the course of a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both. We did the 2 hour tour and then headed to Mambo beach where we spent a few hours. The snorkeling was better than I thought it would be. Must have got lucky. The we took the bus back to town and walked back to the pier. It was an enjoyable day especially considering we had a baby in tow.

Thank you both. We did the 2 hour tour and then headed to Mambo beach where we spent a few hours. The snorkeling was better than I thought it would be. Must have got lucky. The we took the bus back to town and walked back to the pier. It was an enjoyable day especially considering we had a baby in tow.

What was the tour like? Did it include narration or just driving, or both? We would like to see the island as well and not sure what to do. Thanks!

My husband and I where in Curacao last fall. We did an Island Tour with Peter Trips. He picked us up at the Cruise Pier. We've had a wonderful day and learnt a lot about the island! During the tour he gave a lot of information and we saw beautiful beaches, big mansions, UNESCO buildings, a lot of nature and.. even some flamingos! You should really look it up online!

DW and I did a Segway tour of Willemstad (cannot recommend that highly enough, absolutely a blast) then grabbed our snorkel gear and took a taxi (15 dollars plus a tip) to Sea Aquarium beach.

Once you get outside the breakwater (be a good snorkeler to attempt this) the snorkeling is okay. There are some small coral, a number of smaller fish and a few larger fish (including parrot fish), and the waves weren't that big when we tried. One thing I would recommend is getting loungers in the shade, as the direct sun that close to the Equator is exhausting and dehydrating over the course of a day.

Hi that Segway tour sounds good to me. Do you rmember what the cost was? How long did it last and where did you go? We will be there from 2 to 11 PM

Archived