Cell phone and internet service in the Southern Caribbean on the Victory

hawaiinana

For those of you who have been on the Southern Caribbean cruise on the Victory- did you have internet and phone service in any/all the ports? I always carry my cell phone with me (Verizon service) but am trying to decide if I should bring my laptop or not. (I like to stay in touch with folks back home- on Facebook or through emails- :)) Thanks- from the vacation geek! :o

For those of you who have been on the Southern Caribbean cruise on the Victory- did you have internet and phone service in any/all the ports? I always carry my cell phone with me (Verizon service) but am trying to decide if I should bring my laptop or not. (I like to stay in touch with folks back home- on Facebook or through emails- :)) Thanks- from the vacation geek! :o

While you are in San Juan and St Thomas, it's the same as being stateside. We use at&t and had service in all the islands but the charges varied. We have international roaming on our phone.

You are going to spend a fortune if you try to use Verizon cellular service on any of the islands. Check with them to verify the rates, but it is about $3.00 per minute. You have coverage in San Juan but that is the only place that you will not have to pay international roaming including St. Thomas. (unless your Verizon coverage is different than mine).

Cheapest way will be to bring a laptop and connect on the ship.

Archived