Magic great, thanks to CC

breezepark

Just returned from a last minute cruise out of Galveston on the Carnival Magic. Must thank posters in various CC threads, especially regarding the spa. Wound up paying less to upgrade to a spa room (which includes spa access) than purchasing a weekly spa pass. The spa facilities are wonderful (treatments are another post) and being close to the Serenity area was a big plus, as I had worried about the crowds and kids on my first Carnival cruise. Overall a much better experience than I had anticipated, with the dining room food and service excellent, good beer in the Pub, and the 5th floor outside promenade a lovely place to walk. Thanks again to all who post on these boards, helping me maximize my different cruise line experiences!

Did you do the Skycourse. Did you try Cucina del Capitano at lunch or dinner. Did you try any of the pub grub.

I wanted to try the pub grub but was a little ill, so I didn`t get to...did try the beer as the first official guest in the pub (BG)......loved the wrap around promenade and the seating outside of Red Frog was really nice place to enjoy a fishbowl *BG*....

Spa, wishing I had a spa cabin, but I had a regular cabin and couldn`t afford the spa pass....I would have gotten good use of it if I did get it cuz we missed Grand Cayman....

I`d like to go back on the Magic again and NOT get sick with a cold half way through the cruise, and uhm, have much better weather!

they also have daily spa passes at $40, and they have to limit them to avoid overcrowding! A spa pass includes facilites access to the thalassotherapy pool (a big hot tub that is actually hot vs the deck ones), 2 steam rooms, a hot dry sauna and a cooler dry sauna. All the saunas have lovely warm hot stone seating, the dry ones with hot stone loungers fabulous on the back. On embarkation day they do tours if you want to see the facilites (all co-ed).

Cucina at lunch does not have a surcharge, was not impressed with the pasta bowl but the lasagna was fantastic.

No pub grub but liked the Thirsty Frog beer. Skipped the sky course and waterslides although saw quite a few adults on them.

Archived