Jewel of the Seas Pictorial Cruise Review: 12-15-2011

DarthGrady

Grady- How was the weather your trip?

We are doing this cruise in 2012 (Dec 13-17).

We just got off the Monarch 4 night and it was chilly in Port Canaveral and Cococay.

Was it hot enough that people were out sunbathing since Cozumel is farther south than the Bahamas?

Pretty nice the first two days. Sunny and mild (mid 70s) in the day, cooler at night. In Mexico it was sunny and warm, in the low 80's. Many were out sunbathing on these days.

The last sea day it got colder and windy. It was in the low 70's, but the wind made it chilly. Few were sunbathing that day which caused the Solarium to get crowded. We had very little rain the entire time though.

• 2 weeks later...
In October, the full suites were invited to dine in Chops for breakfast. It was a different menu, mostly waiter service but also a couple of self- serve items (cereal, fruit, muffins, etc.). It was divine. They had a few things I wouldn't have thought of for breakfast (and didn't try), like lamb chops. It wasn't available on debarkation day.

The Diamond breakfast was in one of the overflow dining rooms on Deck 4. We never went there since the Chops breakfast was so good.:)

Thanks for the info Jean. Nice to know that the suites had some options besides WJ and MDR.

TnT

• 2 weeks later...

Great review and awesome pics. My wife and I enjoyed the Radiance last March by ourselves and this March we are excited to cruise the Jewel with our daughters. One thing I noticed on the Radiance was the mini-golf course showed a lot of wear and tear. Is the Jewel's mini-golf course in better shape? It look like it from your pics.

Great review and awesome pics. My wife and I enjoyed the Radiance last March by ourselves and this March we are excited to cruise the Jewel with our daughters. One thing I noticed on the Radiance was the mini-golf course showed a lot of wear and tear. Is the Jewel's mini-golf course in better shape? It look like it from your pics.

I didn't notice anything wrong with it, but I only went up there the one time to get pictures.

• 4 weeks later...
I've enjoyed your Carnival reviews and we are now considering taking this cruise. Question, can you walk around the lifeboat deck outside? I really enjoyed that space on the Spirit class ships.

Yes, there is an open promenade directly beneath the lifeboats. It circles all the way around the ship, and offers really nice views. As an added bonus, if you walk all the way forward and go up the stairs, you are at the helipad deck at the very front (bow) of the ship.

You can re-enact the "I'm the king of the world" scene from Titanic to your hearts content. :D

Archived