RCCL Dining

george2000

We usually cruise NCL due to their flexible dining policy. We waited too long to book an accessible cabin for spring break and all we could find was on Royal Caribbean's Jewel. Hubby has MS and we find it awkward to eat with others. He needs help when eating and doesn't always make appropriate conversation due to cognitive issues. We did sign up for anytime dining and requested a table to ourselves. Are we likely to be able to eat by ourselves? There will be three in our party.

Should not be a problem especially since you have anytime dining. Although they try to group as many people together as not to have to clear so many tables after each meal, I would recommend going to the dining room and speak to the maitre' d. Explain to him exactly what you have posted and it should not be a problem.

You might also contact special needs through RCL prior to the cruise and indicate the same. Don't know if they can assist or not but at least you would have in on record. On every cruise we have been on we have seen tables with two or three at the table, reasons unknown.

We usually cruise NCL due to their flexible dining policy. We waited too long to book an accessible cabin for spring break and all we could find was on Royal Caribbean's Jewel. Hubby has MS and we find it awkward to eat with others. He needs help when eating and doesn't always make appropriate conversation due to cognitive issues. We did sign up for anytime dining and requested a table to ourselves. Are we likely to be able to eat by ourselves? There will be three in our party.

I too have MS. You will absolutely love the RCCL's Jewel ! You will not have an issue getting an individual table. Suggest that you n speak to the Matre D' the first evening and I'm certain he/she have a table waiting for you each evening.

I also have MS! The very first thing we do once aboard is speak with the Maitre'd. We always request a table for two that will allow me to keep my scooter at the table in the non-traditional dining area. We have always been easily accommodated.

I'm certain you will have no problems. Do try to go before you have lunch though, it will be far less crowded.

I hope you love RCCL as much as we do...Bon Voyage! Marlee

Archived