another GREAT cruise on the SUN!!

STARFISH*4

yeah that many people i am not ready for either.....lol...

i did do both the M&Gs and for our Roll Calls we had GOOD turn-outs...NCL treated us well as usual--NICE to have them both in the Observation Lounge instead of the rooms in the library!!

I was wondering if you can tell me if we need a certain number of people to have a M&G on the Sun? Our roll call for our Western Caribbean is kinda of small & was wondering if I could still do one.

Thanks for any info, I'm new & never did this before:confused:

I was wondering if you can tell me if we need a certain number of people to have a M&G on the Sun? Our roll call for our Western Caribbean is kinda of small & was wondering if I could still do one.

The Meet and Greets with NCL are top notch. That said, I would not proceed with scheduling one if you didn't have the numbers. I don't know if there is a minimum but usually a majority of the officers attend as well as setting up coffee, juices, pastries. I just wouldn't want to organize if there were only a few participating in the roll call.

Also, you will find that on your roll call, individuals will say they will be there but do not show up. We had 95 on our Epic sailing and I think there were 50 who made it. That was pretty good. Perhaps build some enthusiasm on the roll call and the lurkers out there will start participating.

Hi Starfish...couple more questions.

San Juan: Does the Sun dock across from the Sheraton in Old San Juan? Any recommendations for where to walk or what is a must see?

Cozumel: Where do we dock?

sorry i dont remember the Sheraton in Old San Juan and in Coz it was at Punta Logosta i believe that was the name.

in San Juan you are just a short walk from shopping, Walgreens or CVS(cant remember now) and actually we walked back from the Fort (our tour left us, but its such a short walk). the Fort is COOL but lots of walking...allow time if you go there. we took a city tour with NCL that ended up at the fort.--if i was to go again i would just get off the ship and walk all around.

usually they like 25 signed up before you contact them, if you have a small group still arrange an informal gathering so you can get together just wont be attended by the crew but still it would be nice to meet on the ship sometime.

sorry i dont remember the Sheraton in Old San Juan and in Coz it was at Punta Logosta i believe that was the name.

in San Juan you are just a short walk from shopping, Walgreens or CVS(cant remember now) and actually we walked back from the Fort (our tour left us, but its such a short walk). the Fort is COOL but lots of walking...allow time if you go there. we took a city tour with NCL that ended up at the fort.--if i was to go again i would just get off the ship and walk all around.

From what you are describing, you did indeed dock in Old San Juan and not the Pan American pier (10-15 minutes away by taxi depending upon traffic).

CVS is the name of the drug store and it is very nice and new. They have wine (basic) as well as soft drinks etc. Old San Juan is very charming.

Thanks for the info. Right now we only have 34 people who said they're sailing. I will try to stir up some support & poll people to see if I can get enough support.

Thanks for the idea to just arrange a get together if we don't have a official M&G.

Hey Jan, Happy to see you and Randy had another great cruise on the Sun. It's hard to believe it has been over a year since we sailed with you on that beautiful ship. We would love to cruise on her again someday.

Our next Norwegian cruise is on the Epic in December of 2013. We have a short Royal Caribbean cruise scheduled in two weeks and a cruise to Bermuda scheduled in April. Can't wait to go on all of them:D!

From what you are describing, you did indeed dock in Old San Juan and not the Pan American pier (10-15 minutes away by taxi depending upon traffic).

CVS is the name of the drug store and it is very nice and new. They have wine (basic) as well as soft drinks etc. Old San Juan is very charming.

i knew we were in Old San Juan i just dont remember the Sheraton, and after i typed that i did remember it was CVS--it was kinda COOL walking around and liked the vendors on the street selling their wares specially when they were crafting it themselves.

Thanks for the info. Right now we only have 34 people who said they're sailing. I will try to stir up some support & poll people to see if I can get enough support.

Thanks for the idea to just arrange a get together if we don't have a official M&G.

yep 34 is good just contact the events coordinator there is a sticky here at the top of the page (NCL) that tells you how to go about setting up your Meet and Greet.

I did both December sailings and set up our Meet & Greets in August.

also alot of CCers have informal Sail~Aways..GOOD place on the SUN is Champs Bar on Deck 12 overlooks the Pool Deck away from all the crowds but still can hear the excitement and music.

Hey Jan, Happy to see you and Randy had another great cruise on the Sun. It's hard to believe it has been over a year since we sailed with you on that beautiful ship. We would love to cruise on her again someday.

Our next Norwegian cruise is on the Epic in December of 2013. We have a short Royal Caribbean cruise scheduled in two weeks and a cruise to Bermuda scheduled in April. Can't wait to go on all of them:D!

hey GOOD to see ya.....LUCKY YOU 3 cruises coming up, but we feel LUCKY too that we can have 3 weeks in December--not quite ready for the EPIC yet but oneday!!

ENJOY and SAFE SAILS--HAPPIEST of NEW YEARS:)

Thirty four isn't that small. I am sure your numbers will continue to grow as you get closer.

Here are some links for maps and walking tours around OSJ. If you have to hit CVS for supplies, wait and do that right before you get back to the ship. You don't want to have to carry anything. There is also a Walgreens up and over a few blocks. I love the Marshalls as well as the Ralph Lauren Polo outlet too.

The tour starts at the La Casita which is now the Tourist Information Center. The building is located close to the cruise ship piers at Plaza de la Darsena.This is a great place to start your tour of Old San Juan, as you can get information on attractions, maps, restaurants and more from the helpful staff (bilingual).

http://mysite.verizon.net/mymoosieme/oldsanjuanmap.pdf

http://gopuertorico.about.com/od/oldsanjuan/ss/WalkingTour.htm

http://www.discoveringpuertorico.com/2008/07/self-guided-walking-tour-of-old-san-juan-part-1/

http://www.letsgo.com/maps/north-america/puerto-rico/old-san-juan-walking-tour

http://www.travelmaps.com/

jdvmd...Thanks for the reply and great links for Old San Juan...really helps. Also the suggestion about stocking up at CVS on our way back ;)

Less than two weeks now :D:D

You are very welcome! Have a great trip!

just off the SUN a week ago...another FANTASTIC cruise with a GREAT crew aboard the SUN and cant wait to cruise on her again next year!

BEST thing over last years cruises is we made all our ports including GSC twice!!

was our 3rd and 4th cruise on her and our first balcony which was COOL but we know that it wont be missed much next year on our B2B 3 weeks

we booked our same cabin next year from last year which we LOVED:)

all those sailing on the SUN soon...ENJOY:cool:

I want to go soooo baddd....I am hoping we will get to go in April, just before she leaves for Europe.

Nita

I want to go soooo baddd....I am hoping we will get to go in April, just before she leaves for Europe.

Nita

oh i HOPE you do too--i got to wait another 11 months before we see the SUN again:(but then for 3 weeks we can ENJOY the SUN:):cool:

Does NCL allow you to chose a day & time when requesting a M&G or do we take what they give us? I want to email them this week for a M&G and wanted to make sure I did it correctly:confused: Than you for any information.

I posted this on the Roll call board but didn't get any response. I thought I would try here since some of you have set up M&G before.

Does NCL allow you to chose a day & time when requesting a M&G or do we take what they give us? I want to email them this week for a M&G and wanted to make sure I did it correctly:confused: Than you for any information.

I posted this on the Roll call board but didn't get any response. I thought I would try here since some of you have set up M&G before.

NCL will give you a time and date...usually the first full day at sea. You need to contact the Group Events Coordinator for the Ship you will be on. They seem to be very nice on the phone and have replied to email within 2 days. Have a GREAT TIME!!

Jan

NCL will give you a time and date...usually the first full day at sea. You need to contact the Group Events Coordinator for the Ship you will be on. They seem to be very nice on the phone and have replied to email within 2 days. Have a GREAT TIME!!

Jan

Thank you for the information:) I am going to contact them tomorrow.

We will be in 0053 Aft in 40 or so days. Do you have any pictures?

no sorry we realized when we went thru our pictures where are the ones of the cabin and we never took any--only a shot of a rainbow off the balcony--hubby kept thinkin i was takin pics and i kept think he was--oh well...it was a GREAT cabin tho we really ENJOYED it!!

Archived