Passion Island

CherieB

Hello! I have read about Passion Island..... is there a boat dock that taxis you back an forth to the island? Are there bars on the island? I have seen many maps of Cozumel have never seen the island listed, where is Passion Island located off Coz? Not having little kids, don't want to do the kiddie beach scene. ty:D

Passion Island is a beautiful place but the only way I know of to get there is by booking it as a shore excursion. If I remember correctly, about a 30-40 minute bus ride & then you catch a small boat to take you to the island. Only a limited amount of time before returning you back to town.

Just my opinion, nice place but overpriced for the amount of time you get to spend there. And yes, it looks just like the Corona commercials. Have you tried researching www.cozumelinsider.com You should be able to find lots of info there about all beachs in the area or on Ports of Call section.

Check the Cozumel port of call boards. I posted recently on Passion Island. It was the highlight of my trip. Absolutely beautiful island. Water is super clear & has fine white sandy beaches. Tons of hammocks swaying under the palm tree's & plenty of places to get drinks. Lots of chairs to lounge by the water & not too many people so you truly feel like you're on vacation.

We went on the Passion Island tour a couple of years ago. You have a choice of the ship tours. You can do the one where you take a bus to the waterfront. There you get on a boat over to the island...just a short ride. Or you can book the tour that we booked. You get in a line of jeeps and do a little mud running on the way to the waterfront. When you get there you have a choice, a boat over or you can race in the canoes. It is a beautiful island and lunch is included. The lunch is tacos, chicken, salad, fish, and I can't remember what else but it is good. It also included drinks. Before heading back they broke out the Tequila for shots for whoever wanted them. The ride back in the jeeps is along the coast. I really like this excursion. The tour guides for the jeep tour were great!

I have a differing opinion....I thought it was nice, but not worth nearly the amount of money it costs to go there. We went to paradise beach last year and enjoyed that more.

Passion Island is nice, but I wasn't impressed with the water quality and the sand was what I would expect at a beach in the Caribbean....I was a little disappointed and won't do it again.

Just my opinion.

We did Passion Island last year and loved it. Open Bar....can you say lots of giggling on the bus back to the ship?? The food was great and plentiful likewise for the drinks....drank more Coronas than I care to remember. It's a bit pricey, but worth it.

Hubby and I have been to Passion Island 3 times! Guess that tells you how much we like this excursion. If anyone goes and sees Alex, one of the guides, tell him his friends from Pensacola, FL said "Hi". The island is beautiful, great food and drinks and very friendly staff-well worth the price.

DW and I did Passion Island last year. Had a very good time and there were very few kids running around. The food is good and the beer is cold. I thought there was ample time to swim, eat and drink and they have a bath house with shower. Check out my pictures from my March 2004 cruise.

Dave

We've been to Passion Island 3 times and have enjoyed it each time. Yes, it is more "pricey" than most other excursions, but generally just a few dozen people and no kids. It's just a fun place to lay on the beach, lay in a hammock or stroll on the beach. The food is always authentic and a nice change of pace from the ship. The tour guides are always friendly. I recommend this to anyone who wants to get away from the hectic pace. My only drawback to Passion Island is that there are many more vendors now than there used to be. Bring plenty of small bills to tip the bartender, tour guides and cooks.

We have also been to Passion Island three times and plan on going again when we cruise in July. We have taken both the jeep excursion as well as the bus excursion. The biggest difference we found was the jeep does not include unlimited bar and the bus excursion does. We have never encountered many children and the beach is almost empty. It was as if you had your own private island. The food is wonderful, some of the best fish and gucomole ever. Hope you have a great time.

We too did Passion Island in November and loved it. It was well worth the cost. The bus tour through Cozumel was interesting. It felt like being on your own private island. Our tour of about 25-30 were the only ones on the beach. The authentic Mexican food was wonderful, especially the homemade tortilla chips, not to mention all the drinks you want. Just imagine a quiet beach, warm blue/green water, hammocks and a Corona. Heaven. We even could not resist purchasing a photo taken of us on the beach (one of my favourites from the cruise). Highly recommend this excursion.

Archived