Rendezvous Caye Opinions

lgonquin

As I recall, and Wade the Gringo please help here, the Rendevous Caye about 40 miles southeast of Belize City (not to be confused with the Rendevous Caye furthe rsouth near Placentia) is just a spit of sand, maybe 100 yrads long) with a few palm trees and a palapa. I'm not sure who does snorkeling boats to there for cruise ships as it's a bit farther southeast of Caye Caulker. Could be more time getting there than being there if using a private vendor who has to pick you up and drop you back at the Tourist Village tender pier. But at one time I do believe crusie ship excursions would pick you up at your ship and drop you back. I haven't seen any reviews of recent excursions there. You'll need to check with your cruise line and ship to see if this excursion is offered.

You'll be a bit closer from your anchor spot. And perhaps a larger boat will make the trip in less time. I'd suspect though you're looking at only 2-2 1/2 hours on the caye itself. Not that you're unable to soak up all the attractions there in that time:rolleyes:.

If you want that "deserted island" feel, and pretty nice snorkeling on the reefs, go for it.

As I recall, and Wade the Gringo please help here, the Rendevous Caye about 40 miles southeast of Belize City (not to be confused with the Rendevous Caye furthe rsouth near Placentia) is just a spit of sand, maybe 100 yrads long) with a few palm trees and a palapa. I'm not sure who does snorkeling boats to there for cruise ships as it's a bit farther southeast of Caye Caulker. Could be more time getting there than being there if using a private vendor who has to pick you up and drop you back at the Tourist Village tender pier. But at one time I do believe crusie ship excursions would pick you up at your ship and drop you back. I haven't seen any reviews of recent excursions there. You'll need to check with your cruise line and ship to see if this excursion is offered.

Sorry Crew, i am not familiar with this at all...

Archived