first timer

ssoule

So very excited ,,, this will be our first cruise,,,,just hope everything falls into place,,,,We will be sailing on the Dream on Feb. 4th

Congrats! I remember my first cruise. I was hooked as soon as I saw the ship. Definitely a learning experience. You learn a little from each cruise. Hope you have fun. What am I saying, you're going on a cruise! And on the Dream at that!

I was hooked after my first cruise and LOVE IT!!!

I haven't been on the DREAM, but have heard good things!! Don't hesitate to ask questions and just chat with fellow cruisers. Know that you will have the "Blue" card and look for Gold or Platinum colored cards that other folks will have and ask them questions. Gold means 2 - 9 cruises and Platinum means 10+ cruises.

I always bring a lanyard and ask the Guest Services to punch a hole in the card and wear it around my neck. Many others do the same, so you will see them! It's your door key and credit card while on the ship!

Room Service is free, just a tip of $1 - $2 per person, but I never liked just calling and asking for coffee or cocoa or tea... So I bring a thermos mug, and before bed, I fill it from the Lido Deck beverage stations, and take it back to the cabin. But having room service bring coffee and breads to the cabin in the morning, and sitting on the balcony, or staring out the OV window... It's priceless!!! I never ordered the full breakfast, I always wanted to go the the dining room for that!

ENJOY!!! I'm sure others will have tips and encouragement and wonderful stories!!!

So very excited ,,, this will be our first cruise,,,,just hope everything falls into place,,,,We will be sailing on the Dream on Feb. 4th

No matter what happens it will be great. Our first cruise was supposed to be a western Caribbean and was changed to a eastern. We wound up skipping one port (St Thomas) and just cruising around trying to miss hurricanes. We have great memories and now look forward to every opportunity to get on a ship and away from day to day living.

and I agree with one comment, when we saw the ship (Glory) the first time, it was one of the coolest things! We still smile about that feeling.:D

Not only will you have a great time on your first cruise but you are getting an added bonus. You are cruising during Super Bowl Sunday! The ship will be alive with much excitement and stadium food everywhere!:D We may see you in port somewhere as we will be on the Fascination the same time!:p

Have fun!:D

Also if you plan on doing a shore excursion, book in advance on Carnival's website. Many of the popular excursions book quickly. Plus, you can avoid the long lines at the shore excursion desk. If you book online, they send the tickets to your cabin on the night before your excursion. Hassle free!

I remember our first cruise and how I fell in love the moment I arrived in port and saw our ship - the Legend. We too had a slight change in our itinerary, but we were made aware a month or so in advance. And....I am so thankful for that change because the newly added port is still - to date - my most favorite port. I need to go back - to Roatan - because a lot has changed since I was first there in 2007. In 10 days I will be going on my 4th cruise (3rd one in a year!!) and I cannot wait. If you have an extra $100 to spare - buy a cruising certificate to apply towards your next cruise! You pay $100 and it will knock $100 off the balance of your next booked cruise and give you $100 onboard credit (for 7-day cruises) to use towards drinks and/or shopping. It's a great deal. Enjoy the fun, food, shows, weather, water, ship and ports!! And watch out!!!! It's addicting!!!!!!

ps: one of my most memorable moments of my first cruise was waking up our first morning on the ship and going out onto our balcony and seeing the dolphins swim along side our ship......truly amazing!

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising!! Put aside a little money now because you will be booking another a few days after you get off this one!:p

Completely agree with this!! After my first cruise we booked our 2nd cruise the very next day!!

Enjoy it and I hope you have a great cruise!!

All I can say is GO WITH AN OPEN MIND!

Don't let the opinions from the masses here on CC pre-judge you cruise experiance. It will be great.

Enjoy

Archived