soda cards

gmillay

We are leaving 4/17 on the Golden Princess from San Juan to the Southern and Eastern Caribbean. I am interested in purchasing a soda card. I do not drink alcohol but I do enjoy seltzer and lime and/or club soda and lime for evenings. Does anyone know if the soda card would cover these as well as canned sodas? Thanks in advance!

Happy Cruising!!!

I have to post an answer to this one. The soda card was one of the best I have seen on over 20 some cruises. So often these cards (on other lines) are seen as a nuisance. On the Carribean Princess at least, the pricing is 20.00 with 2.50 tax, unless you want the coke container which is a waste in my opinion. They give you a good sized glass of fountain pop, which on many lines with similar cards you end up going to get a glass that you can down in two sips. This was a good sized soda and although most times I went to the bar to get it, the bar waiters always were willing to get it for us. It is the best deal I have seen on a cruise line.

the soda card covered coke, diet coke and sprite only I believe. No canned sodas and no tonic waters or club sodas. Water, however is always free with a twist of lemon but it does take a bit longer for the staff to serve you since they make no commission on water. Ice tea is only available at the horizon food court but free and juice is only free at breakfast time. The container that most end up purchasing with their soda card (not knowing that is an option) is not required for refills.... just show the server your ID card with the soda sticker and you can get a full glass of your preferred soda. The containers are small and contain more ice then soda!! The soda card is a great value if you drink a lot of soda like my hubby does! I save the $ and drench myself with the refreshing H20.

Happy sailing:)

the soda card covered coke, diet coke and sprite only I believe. No canned sodas and no tonic waters or club sodas.

I was able to get fountain club soda using the soda card, no problems on both the Star and the Golden. Could not get canned sodas with it.

Just back from the Golden. Soda cards $25 (7 night cruise) including the Coke cup that does keep the soda very cold very long. Coke, diet Coke, Sprite, club soda (with lemon or lime) either at the bar or brought by drink servers.

Archived