Parking at port canaveral

Cjlovestocruise

On Port Canaveral' site it says the following:

DISABLED PARKING spaces are available and the fee is waived for vehicles that have special equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls; or display the Florida Toll Exemption permit. Call 800-983-2435, extension 2 to apply for an exemption form.

So only free if you meet the criteria, not just a tag.

edit: here is the site for more info and prices: http://www.portcanaveral.com/cruising/parking.php

Just out of curiosity, I have always wondered why handicapped drivers should not have to pay to park like everyone else?

I am completely good with providing as close as possible parking and personally feel not enough handicapped parking is provided at many places. (and it irritates me to no end, when I see a perfectly mobile person park in a HC spot and hop out and stroll easily into the venue)

I just for the life of me, cannot wrap my head around why HC parking at pay lots should be free, while everybody else pays $15-$20 a day.

I'm sure there might be reason, I just don't see it.

Bill

Just out of curiosity, I have always wondered why handicapped drivers should not have to pay to park like everyone else?

I am completely good with providing as close as possible parking and personally feel not enough handicapped parking is provided at many places. (and it irritates me to no end, when I see a perfectly mobile person park in a HC spot and hop out and stroll easily into the venue)

I just for the life of me, cannot wrap my head around why HC parking at pay lots should be free, while everybody else pays $15-$20 a day.

Bill

Florida obviously does not need the money. Never understood that one. Closest spots yes, free no.

Bill

Maybe they are being compassionate - it does happen on occasion.

Maybe they are being compassionate - it does happen on occasion.

Compassionate is setting aside the closest parking spaces.

If compassion is a good reason for free parking then I would suggest better "compassion" guidelines! I am as compassionate as anybody but I can find no good reason to give free parking based solely on physical handicap. My grandmother was handicapped and had a handicap tag which allowed her to park closer to her venue but I would never think that she should have received free parking if it were a pay lot.

Being physically handicapped does not equate in any way to being "financially handicapped"!

In respect to port parking; if one can afford to go on a cruise then that person(s) should also be able to afford to pay the parking fee.

My twisted two cents worth!

Compassionate is setting aside the closest parking spaces.

If compassion is a good reason for free parking then I would suggest better "compassion" guidelines! I am as compassionate as anybody but I can find no good reason to give free parking based solely on physical handicap. My grandmother was handicapped and had a handicap tag which allowed her to park closer to her venue but I would never think that she should have received free parking if it were a pay lot.

Being physically handicapped does not equate in any way to being "financially handicapped"!

In respect to port parking; if one can afford to go on a cruise then that person(s) should also be able to afford to pay the parking fee.

My twisted two cents worth!

You are right. I do believe parking closer is okay, but if they are able to cruise, get around a ship, use sanitation facilities, get to the dining room etc., why is parking free?

Archived