Carnival Splendor.... Whats It Like???

coolsky1994

So i have been on 3 cruises, two have been on Royal Caribbean, and the last i took on the Carnival Paradise, all cruises went to Mexico. Thinking about going again this summer, but this time omn the Carnival Splendor. Just wondering really if its a better or worse ship than the Carnival Paradise, thanks.

We loved the Splendor. It's about 50% bigger than the Paradise, has many things the Paradise doesn't. More lounges. For lunches: Everything the Paradise has, plus Tandoori area & Burrito Bar. Lido deck has the Seaside Theatre (for movies under the stars). If the weather is bad, the entire Lido deck has a retractable cover. There is also the excellent Pinnacle Steakhouse (a pay-extra dining room - $30 per person which includes tip). Better pool slide. Splash Park for younger kids. You'll have a great time on this ship.

I agree with all of the above posts....went on the Splendor when she was brand new, beautiful ship......much much larger than Paradise with lots of extra ammenities as mentioned above. You won't be sorry, it's a great ship!! Try it....you'll like it!

We took the Splendor in April to the Mexican Riviera!! Loved her! As above, very pink, but still a wonderful ship!! We both especially enjoyed going out on the promenade deck off the Atrium lobby and watching the sea slide by. There was hardly ever anyone out there!! It was great! Hope you have as wonderful time as we did!!

We took the Splendor in April to the Mexican Riviera!! Loved her! As above, very pink, but still a wonderful ship!! We both especially enjoyed going out on the promenade deck off the Atrium lobby and watching the sea slide by. There was hardly ever anyone out there!! It was great! Hope you have as wonderful time as we did!!

We also sailed Splendor back in April, for my 50th :eek: birthday. Great itinerary and ship-my second favorite after Miracle. I LOVED all the pink decor, but I think I am in the minority. :o

We sailed the Splendor and loved it. Even with it being the Swine Flu cruise it was fun. There are all kinds of places that are quiet you can find to just sit and people watch.

It is a much larger ship then the Paradise. Been on both and loved both

Just go with an open mind and you will enjoy it. Actually do this with any cruise and you will enjoy it.

have cruised the splendor twice (see webshots below) . . . Loved this ship. So much newer and superior in every way to the fantasy class. We found anytime dining excellent and would definitely do it again.:)

ditto!

We just returned from our 2nd Mexican Riviera cruise on Splendor last month. Splendor's interior is indeed pink and the Golden Pearl MDR looks like hundreds of giant fried eggs stuck to the ceiling. DH and I just chuckled about the designer's "creativity". However, after a while, it didn't bother us as much. We have never cruised on Paradise, so I cannot provide a comparison but here is what we feel about the Splendor...the good, the bad and the ugly...my opinion only.

Good -

- Thalasotherapy pool, steam room and sauna - well worth the extra money if you enjoy the jacuzzi and sauna experience. It was a wonderful and relaxing experience.

- Lots of equipment in the gym.

- Service was great throughout the ship. All the personnel we encountered were friendly and extremely helpful.

- Great return guest party. Never had to wait too long for the drinks and hors d'oeuvre and there were plenty of wait staff catering the crowd in the theater.

Bad -

- Mongolian grill takes very long, not the chef's fault, it is just way too popular. We waited up to 45 minutes to get our food a few times. The taste was just okay but it is a good alternative to the buffet food.

Ugly -

- Food was the biggest disappointment for me, but food taste is subjective so take it for what it's worth.

- Coffee was horrible in the buffet area but much, much better in the MDR.

My favorite Carnival ship out of all.... there is nothing like leaving port in the rain and sitting in the hot tub with a DOD watching a concert on the big screen all the while the rain is coming down on the roof... Love the upstairs area of the Lido Buffet where you have really good rotisserrie chicken, pototoes, and mac n cheese. The staff is happy and everyone has a really great big smile to greet you. I moved to Florida so it is now to far to fly to LA but I'll always have my great memories of that week. I think you will enjoy it more than the Paradise, which is a different smaller class of ship.

I have been on the Splendor twice now, I love her. I have been on Conquest, Elation, and Splendor. Splendor is by far my favorite so far (going on the Legend in 2 months, excited to check out new class). I love the ports too. Cabo, PV, and use to be Mazatlan. So much to do in these ports.

And I actually like the pink decor. But I am one of the few:)

I loved the Splendor! It was my first cruise (Sept 09) and I have great memories! The service on that ship was the best I've had of the three I've been on, at the time didn't have anything else to compare it with!

I would LOVE to cruise on SPLENDOR again, but unfortunately, I hate the flight all the way to the west coast.

ENJOY, whichever cruise you do next!!!!

Archived