Exercising on an aft wrap

dfmeeks

My DH & I have cabin 8433 on the Triumph for spring break. We exercise to the Insanity program 6 mornings/wk & thought it would offer a great view to do it on our balcony. I don't want to disturb anyone in a cabin below us. There's a fair amount of jumping but we won't exercise early. I know this is a weird question but will exercising disturb those in the cabin below? I know we can go to the gym & use their equipment but we really like this particular exercise program, just not at the expense of those below us.

Thanks for your help!

My DH & I have cabin 8433 on the Triumph for spring break. We exercise to the Insanity program 6 mornings/wk & thought it would offer a great view to do it on our balcony. I don't want to disturb anyone in a cabin below us. There's a fair amount of jumping but we won't exercise early. I know this is a weird question but will exercising disturb those in the cabin below? I know we can go to the gym & use their equipment but we really like this particular exercise program, just not at the expense of those below us.

Thanks for your help!

you should read the complaints of the people that have staterooms below the gym. that should answer your question.

One thought is to go to the cabin below yours and ask them if your exercising is bothering them. Also, when may be a good time for you to exercise on your balcony that wouldn't disturb them.

That's a really good idea. I'm really not an exercise freak. I'm happy to just use our balcony to relax. My DH, however, is obsessed with exercise & quite excited about exercising in the fresh air with a gorgeous view! And he loves thatInsanity program! Otherwise, we'd do what wse always do which is exercise in the gym. And by "we", I mainly mean "he." :)

Having done Insanity, I would say bring a laptop or a portable dvd player and do it in the gym. People below the gym expect jumping around and noise... people below you who paid $$$ as well for an aft wrap may be none too pleased with you.

You could try our workout program......Curls in the morning with coffee. Fork lifting in the afternoon. Napersise after. All finished with some heavy lounging after sushi, dinner and a huge piece of cake from the coffee shop!

Absolutley silent!

Thanks for your help!

On embarkation day, call the room below you, 7433, and tell them what you are going to do and if it bothers them to give you a call the next morning. If it bothers them they will call you and they will think that you are a nice person for telling them in advance. If they don't call you, they will still think you are a nice person and you can exercise away without feeling that you were disturbing someone else.

If you get up before the crowds you might be able to find a place on deck with no rooms below.

I heard about that Insanity Workout. It is insane!

I've been wanting to modify into a water workout, the portable DVD idea is perfect. Now I can bring it to the pool.

You could try our workout program......Curls in the morning with coffee. Fork lifting in the afternoon. Napersise after. All finished with some heavy lounging after sushi, dinner and a huge piece of cake from the coffee shop!

Absolutley silent!

Sounds like my kind of program!

On embarkation day, call the room below you, 7433, and tell them what you are going to do and if it bothers them to give you a call the next morning. If it bothers them they will call you and they will think that you are a nice person for telling them in advance. If they don't call you, they will still think you are a nice person and you can exercise away without feeling that you were disturbing someone else.

Very good & logical advice. Leave it to a Marine! Thanks!

If you get up before the crowds you might be able to find a place on deck with no rooms below.

I heard about that Insanity Workout. It is insane!

I've been wanting to modify into a water workout, the portable DVD idea is perfect. Now I can bring it to the pool.

It IS insane! I woke up 4:30 6 mornings a week with my DH & exercised for 2 weeks. I couldn't stand it anymore so I used my treadmill during the day when I felt like it. After my DH completed the 2 month program, he was down 4 belt holes!! Now I'm motivated to use it because I can't be chubby while he looks great :D!

Having done Insanity, and having sailed in deck 8 wraps several times, I'd be more worried about having enough room to complete the exercises in the cabin, let alone on the balcony. I think you'd spend so much time adjusting to not hit something that it wouldn't be worth it to try. Now, the "rest" (HA!) week video, or some Yoga X would be great for the balcony. :)

Very good & logical advice. Leave it to a Marine! Thanks!

DW smokes and I always call next door on both sides and ask them to just let us know if the smoke bothers them. Only once did I get a nasty response. Most times it is thanks for being thoughtful enough to call.

My wife and I have been doing P90X for a while. On one of our cruises, we would get up in the morning and walk the track...one each lap, we would stop in the aft portion where they stack the lounge chairs. There is plenty of room to the side of the track....there, we would do our push ups and sit ups. then back to another lap etc. After that, we would go to the gym and do some lifting. Additionally, we NEVER take the elevator.

Not the same view you have, but the plus side is you get the fresh air blowing in your face up on deck.

I've been considering Insanity, but I have bad knees so not sure if I could stand up to it. I have learned how to modify a lot of the P90X routines that affect my knees.

Aggie, I wondered if we'd have to adjust.

Wizard, Trust me. Naked won't be pretty, especially with all that jumping :eek:

Socref124, I really like your idea of talking directly to the people below us. They may even be able to tell us that after a certain hour they don't mind.

Cobra, We're going to try P90X next. We like Insanity because weights arent needed. That said, we have weights & P90X just looks incredible. However, a this time, Insanity is still kicking our butts! If you have knee problems, it's probably not the best for you. There's LOTS of jumping. It was actually recommended to my daughter by her volleyball coach to increase the height of her jump. It may just depend on what the knee issue is. My husband is 55 & was having knee problems. He was limping around but tried Insanity anyway, but modified his jumps. Within 2 months, he lost 25 lbs & 4 belt sizes and no more limping. Maybe ask your doctor if it's ok or ask a trainer how to modify?

Thanks everyone for your input! I appreciate it!

Archived