Avalon dock in Basel

mountainhouse

I see various information about where the ships dock. However, everything I've seen looks like the north end of town on the east side of the river. Is that right? We plan to take a taxi, but I'm trying to figure out which train station is best. Looks like arrival at Basel Bad Bf would be better than Basel SBB. We'll be coming in on a train from Interlaken.

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised on the Felicity, April 2011. The Felicity docked in a industrial area but I am sure the port is not past the city of Basel. I don't know what info you have on the Avalon dock but this is the location our cruise ended.

I found the port address is, Hochbergerstrasse 160 Basel CH-4019 Switzerland. If you inter that address in Yahoo maps this will give you the location.

Roger

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=47.582332&lon=7.590441&zoom=16&q1=Hochbergerstrasse%20160%20Basel%20CH-4019%20Switzerland%20

I found the port address is, Hochbergerstrasse 160 Basel CH-4019 Switzerland. If you inter that address in Yahoo maps this will give you the location.

Roger

Thanks very much, Roger. That's about where I thought. If I choose the wrong station, worst case it's a bit more on the taxi meter. But I think getting off the train at Basel Bad Bf is the right choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks very much, Roger. That's about where I thought. If I choose the wrong station, worst case it's a bit more on the taxi meter. But I think getting off the train at Basel Bad Bf is the right choice.

We boarded in Basel and got off the train at Basel Bad Bf. There is a tram that takes you to within a short walk to the port but it is not that far by taxi to the port.

Christine

Archived