Blackbeards Castle/St Thomas

Harbie

We went there on a cruise in April 2010. I don't recall buying tickets online beforehand but perhaps that has changed or it's a better deal to do that. We went with another couple on our roll call, took a taxi there, and just walked around/through the attractions on our own - probably spent the most time at the Amber Museum. Got a taxi back to the ship. Here is the link to our pictures -

http://travel.webshots.com/album/577589638FNinJc?start=0

Good afternoon. My family and I went to this attraction as part of an island overview style tour in January, 2011. It is a nice attraction. We enjoyed the colonial houses, the gardens, and the amber museum. You can also get some nice photographs of the harbor and town from various places as you proceed down the hill to the main part of town. We spent approximately one hour there. Since this was the final stop of island tour I don't know what it would cost to go there independently, but they have a web-site. Have fun!

Years ago we took a tour through Carnival....it was a city tour and Blackbeard's Castle.

We have learned that we don't like organized city tours....kind of boring for us. Also....this tour from Carnival was ALOT of walking. My husband and I were 42 with an 18 and 9 year old in tow. I'm not in the best shape, but the kids and my husband are. So take your age and ability to walk steps, hills, and uneven terrain. The castle is really small, but fun to climb in and take pictures. The view out the porthole is really nice. I'm glad we did it so we can say we went to Blackbeard's castle, but wouldn't do it again.

Archived