Day pass at beaches?

kirasmom

Kirasmom....

thanks so much for posting about this. We'll be there on 2/13 with our DD 8 and DD 4 and were wondering the same thing. We had always talked about booking a trip there, but cruising is much cheaper. I think those prices are a little high, and who knows what they would charge for a taxi to and from, however, the Beaches Boscabol looks amazing, and would be better than been hasseled by all the locals....kinda private. thanks again for the research that you did! :)

We have thrown around the idea of staying at a Beaches resort several times. I'm thinking this would be a great way to "try it out". The resort looks awesome but I'm concerned about how far away it will be. Thank you again for finding out the details.

We are another family who doesn't want to do the falls and is looking for something else to do in Ocho Rios. I searched on Google Earth for "Boscobel, Jamaica" and found the Beaches Resort. By searching on that town you will see an air port near the ocean, then pan West. The resort is at map coordinates 18 degrees 24 minutes 19 seconds by 76 degrees 58 minutes 48 seconds. This location is just off the A3 Highway that runs along the coast east from Ocho Rios. If you continue following the coast around the next large bay on Google Earth you will find James Bond beach and Goldeneye. So the distance out to the Beaches Resort is maybe a couple miles less than going to James Bond beach.

After zooming in on the Beaches Resort and looking at the individual Google Earth photos we have decided not to go there. Their beach is a tiny cove packed with loungers. Especially look at the photos taken from the ocean beyond the pier. :eek: Though the water park next to the tennis courts does look nice in the photos.

Our search continues...

• 2 weeks later...
We are another family who doesn't want to do the falls and is looking for something else to do in Ocho Rios. I searched on Google Earth for "Boscobel, Jamaica" and found the Beaches Resort. By searching on that town you will see an air port near the ocean, then pan West. The resort is at map coordinates 18 degrees 24 minutes 19 seconds by 76 degrees 58 minutes 48 seconds. This location is just off the A3 Highway that runs along the coast east from Ocho Rios. If you continue following the coast around the next large bay on Google Earth you will find James Bond beach and Goldeneye. So the distance out to the Beaches Resort is maybe a couple miles less than going to James Bond beach.

After zooming in on the Beaches Resort and looking at the individual Google Earth photos we have decided not to go there. Their beach is a tiny cove packed with loungers. Especially look at the photos taken from the ocean beyond the pier. :eek: Though the water park next to the tennis courts does look nice in the photos.

Our search continues...

so then i guess i did find it on the map, i had myself convinced the resort was on the water and did not think the location that kept coming up in the middle of the island was the right place. :(

• 2 weeks later...
They responded.

DAY PASS 10am - 6pm - <br>

US$85 per adult (Sandals and Beaches)<br>

US$45 per per child (Beaches)<br>

This includes unlimited food and beverage and use of facilities.

I am wondering -- would it be better just to stay on the ship in Jamaica? Enjoy the hopefully uncrowed pool area. food already included and I can do alot of damage at the bar on $85. :D I am not understanding the lure of an AI when the ship basically is an AI. Other than Dunns Falls which many have said is a tourist trap -- which I am not a fan of -- I have not come across a real reason to get off the ship in Jamaica. We are not shoppers and I do love a great beach but not at $85. Am I missing something?

Archived