Two Baltimore hotels

Fattony

Have any of you stayed at the Days Inn or Henderson's Wharf hotels in the Baltimlore Inner Harbor area?

This isn't for a cruise, but for a stay in town while having consultations at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, but thought some folks here would be familiar with Baltimore hotels. Based on price (Johns Hopkkns patient rate) and reviews (Tripadvisor, etc.), we're considering the Days Inn Inner Harbor and the Henderson Wharf Hotel. Latter would be a bit of a splurge, but it does sound nice. Total price, with tax and parking, would be $137 for the Days Inn vs. $206 for the Henderson's Wharf (listed #1 on Tripadvisor; I do realize the ratings can be clanted). It would be for 3 nights. We've both been to Baltimore before. Last time in similar circumstances we stayed at the Sheraton City Center, which was very nice, especially for a club level room, but with its high parking fees it seems less of a bargain than it did last time.

The Days Inn is not a bad choice. I have stayed at this Days Inn before and I would consider it a bit better than other Days Inn's. It is in a good location for Inner Harbor activities (dinning, sightseeing, etc.) and is not too far from Johns Hopkins Medical facilities. Personally I prefer Marriott properties but when the Marriott properties are full the Days Inn is a good second choice.

Henderson's Wharf Inn wins by a landslide. ;)

Hopkins Bayview is in East Baltimore, approximately 3 miles east of the Inner Harbor. Do these hotels have a shuttle to Bayview?

Just saw the PDF for the extensive Hopkins hotel list. Looks like Henderson's Wharf has a shuttle to Bayview.

Thanks for the input. Henderson's Wharf has a shuttle to the downtown JH hospital, but not to Bayview Center. After I looked at their Web site, it seems that the special rate obtained by using an American Express card is noticeably less than even the Johns Hopkins patient rate. Probably will go with the marina view room, since we can gt a king size bed ("harbor view" is about $10 more but marina view sounds good to us; and, from reviews, more privacy than with the "cobblestone view" rooms).

Too bad about the shuttle. Will you have a rental car or will you be taking a taxi? Either way, it's not far to Bayview, about 3.5 miles. You could shuttle to Hopkins downtown and then shuttle (I assume) to Bayview, but you'd be going a little out of the way and would take longer, of course.

Hope you got the better room rate.

I have friends who have stayed at Henderson's Wharf and loved it. You'll be surrounded by $1M townhomes with a lovely view in a great area, Fells Point, for pedestrians. Hope you enjoy your stay and good luck. ;)

Too bad about the shuttle. Will you have a rental car or will you be taking a taxi? Either way, it's not far to Bayview, about 3.5 miles. You could shuttle to Hopkins downtown and then shuttle (I assume) to Bayview, but you'd be going a little out of the way and would take longer, of course.

Hope you got the better room rate.

I have friends who have stayed at Henderson's Wharf and loved it. You'll be surrounded by $1M townhomes with a lovely view in a great area, Fells Point, for pedestrians. Hope you enjoy your stay and good luck. ;)

Thanks. Right now we have reserved a "marina view room" with a King size bed. Felt a marina-view was sufficient (top of the line is "bay view"). We will have a car. Parking included.

Archived