Need help on flight times...

i am bill

I'm leaving on the SEA on 8/28 out of Houston.

If my flight lands at 8:40AM the day of departure is that early enough? Or do I need to fly in the previous night?

If my flight home leaves at 7:02PM the day the cruise is over I assume that is plenty late enough. What about 3:40PM? 1:20?

Also, I am assuming that I want to fly into IAH. Is this correct? What is the easiest way to get to the ship? How much should I expect cab fare to be? Is there a shuttle?

Any other help you can give me?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by i am bill:
I'm leaving on the SEA on 8/28 out of Houston.
If my flight lands at 8:40AM the day of departure is that early enough? Or do I need to fly in the previous night?
If my flight home leaves at 7:02PM the day the cruise is over I assume that is plenty late enough. What about 3:40PM? 1:20?
Also, I am assuming that I want to fly into IAH. Is this correct? What is the easiest way to get to the ship? How much should I expect cab fare to be? Is there a shuttle?
Any other help you can give me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I can't answer anything about the city to fly into. But I will say that if you can, fly into the port city the day before. You read about people all the time that have delayed flights, lost luggage, rental car broke down, etc. It's one night. I wouldn't chance not making the ship. Also, I think you'd be fine making a 1 PM or later flight home. Disembarkation usually starts around 8 AM. Worst case scenario you book the 3 PM flight and have a few extra hours to make sure you're on time. I'd only book the 7 PM flight if I had things I wanted to do in the port city.

By the way...8/28 is my birthday. Have a great cruise on my birthday! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cecilia

I can be contacted at [email]ladyndnver@aol.com[/email]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;02;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
My Wedding!

<Quote:I'm leaving on the SEA on 8/28 out of Houston.
If my flight lands at 8:40AM the day of departure is that early enough? Or do I need to fly in the previous night?If my flight home leaves at 7:02PM the day the cruise is over I assume that is plenty late enough. What about 3:40PM? 1:20?Also, I am assuming that I want to fly into IAH. Is this correct? What is the easiest way to get to the ship? How much should I expect cab fare to be? Is there a shuttle?>

on 8:40 am Arrival you will have plenty on time boarding does not usaly start until 12 noon (asuming you are on Norwegian SEA departing 4pm Houston!I went on Norwegian Majesty April 10 from charelston and arrived at airport at 10 am had to wait at port before could board..YOU WILL BE FINE!On return the earlier the better we had flights at 12 noon and did express to get off the ship and was off at 6:30 Am EXPRESS IS GREAT we went stand-by and were on flights at 8:30 AM to get home..ok here is what you need to know about going to the port IAH is the best with airfare from SEA-IAH only $215 RT...ok IAH to port is about 1 hour and 5 minutes NCL has shuttle for $20 one way per person.I am not sure how many people are with you but that will prob. be your best bet.. If you need any Additional help please do not hesitate to ask!!
Thank you Josh
[email]rsmsj2001@yahoo.com[/email]

We've decided to fly down the night before.

What would be the recommendation on where to stay, and how to get to the hotel, and then to the ship? We are trying to keep costs down as much as possible.

I would definitely check out Priceline and Hotwire for hotels. See what Hotwire has first then bid less than that on Priceline. I saved at least half the cost compared to other sites and discounts.

We are arriving into IAH at about 6:30 in the morning for our cruise. We are renting a car from Enterprise at the airport. You can have it for up to 24 hours (though we only need it for a few) and then drop it off at Seaport, which is just a few miles from the port. The Enterprise place will give you a ride back to the port. We are doing this because there are 4 of us, so it is a lot less expensive than the shuttle. Also, we want to stop to eat breakfast and get some bottled water at a grocery store to take with us on board. Enterprise waives the drop-off fee for NCL customers, so it's a really good price. Here is the information if you want it:

Call Enterprise in Seabrook. Ask for the NCL cruise rate. You should be able to get a car (intermediate) for $49.99 plus tax. They are eating part of the drop-off fee. Catch is car has to be brought in before 11:00 am to get you to the port. They close by Noon on Saturday & no Sunday hours. Hope this helps.

1815 bayport blvd 77586 (seabrook) 281-474-4466
Group branch number is 0659 for seabrook.

You can actually make this reservation through IAH enterprise by calling their 800 number:
1-800-RENT-A-CAR

Their website is: [url="http://www.enterprise.com"]http://www.enterprise.com[/url]

NCL SEA 6/19
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

Sapphire Princess 6/11
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

Archived