Sunday tours - BioBay ????

robinlbe

Our family of five finally decided that the BioBay tour looked wonderful. Now that this is done, I can find NO outfits that operate on a Sunday (we are docked on a Sunday from 3pm to midnight).

Does anyone know the reason for this? One place did say it was for "security reasons", but I don't understand this. Is anyone able to fill me in?

This looked so wonderful, and a chance of a lifetime for us....AND the moon was going to be perfect, too!!!! But alas, a Sunday!?!?!

(and no, even our ship isn't offering it for us....even though this excursion is offered normally).....

so what gives???

To protect the ecosystem that makes the PR biobays so special, by law, the tour operators can only schedule excursions 6 days a week. Most of them have chosen Sunday, but there may be someone who goes out on a Sunday, but I haven't found one. This topic was discussed a few months ago, so do a search.

Our family of five finally decided that the BioBay tour looked wonderful. Now that this is done, I can find NO outfits that operate on a Sunday (we are docked on a Sunday from 3pm to midnight).

Does anyone know the reason for this? One place did say it was for "security reasons", but I don't understand this. Is anyone able to fill me in?

This looked so wonderful, and a chance of a lifetime for us....AND the moon was going to be perfect, too!!!! But alas, a Sunday!?!?!

(and no, even our ship isn't offering it for us....even though this excursion is offered normally).....

so what gives???

There think there is at least 1 company that offers a Sunday biobay tour. They use glass bottom kayaks Do a google search for "fajardo kayak glass bottom biobay" and you will find something.

I e-mailed the glass bottom kayak company before my Nov trip, and didn't get a response. Maybe I'll call them to find out their current status. I would love to do the tour in a glass bottom kayak!

Skip them, not an option anymore.

There is another company that goes on Sundays.....if you do a google search of Fajardo Biobay kayak sundays, you will find some updated information.

A few months ago I emailed Ecoquest Adventures and Tours. They said they do tours on Sunday. Pickup is around 4 pm returning around 10 pm.

Were they the Kayak type of tour and was pick up at or close to the hotel.

Thanks and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Archived