im a bit worried any tips

Snowball

i am due to go on my first cruise the end of may doing the glitz and glamour cruise me my husband my 1 year old daughter and my mum we are staying in an inside cabin on deck 5 or 6 we have decided not to upgrade to keep the cost down we got a free upgrade to the drinks package which im looking forward too but here are my worries....

is the swimming pool packed?

is it hard to get sun loungers?

which restaurant is better with a 1 year (old she is not a fussy eater?)

what is and what isnt included in the all inclusive? (is water not included? what about juices etc)

do you pay for the entertainment?

any do's and don'ts?:

please give me any other tips that you think will be useful

Hi Snowball (or Debbie) and welcome. In order of your questions.:)

No and very cold, they use sea water.

Yes on the days at sea. Better if you stay on ship in port which I don't, lol.

The Beachcomber if your daughter is a messy eater. It's more cafeteria like and you can pick for her from the buffet. That said there will be no problem in the other ones that are table dressed for dinner with tablecloths etc. I've seen many children in there and they seem to like interacting with the other passengers and the passengers like them.

Not sure about the AI as we've never had it but I do know water isn't included. You can get water from the Beachcomber any time from a cask or buy some while you're ashore as it's quite expensive. That said we bought a large bottle with a canvas carry bag to go ashore with for £1.99. Good value and glad we bought that.

No you don't pay for entertainment but get there very early and bag a seat as there are a lot of pillars that block the view in the show lounges.

Don't worry you'll have a great time, everyone does who is a first timer. Cabins are a bit like sleeping in a caravan but you aren't in there for long. You don't need to take special evening clothes on the IE as they don't have a formal night so just smart evening if you like to dress up or just clothes would help, lol.:):)

Someone else will cover the things I've forgotten. Oh yes I did a thread on Thomson forum called 5 things I wish I'd known on my first cruise. I'll go over and bump it up to the top for you to look at.

Jan

apologies for the above i typed in the wrong username and has posted under someone elses profile not sure how this happened i have reposted under 028 snowball

I was wondering how this was posted under my username. :confused: I guess my password wasn't as secure as it should have been. :o

Thanks for posting to say that you entered it under the wrong username and bringing this to my attention. My password has now been changed - hopefully to something that is a bit harder to figure out. :D

• 2 months later...
i am due to go on my first cruise the end of may doing the glitz and glamour cruise me my husband my 1 year old daughter and my mum we are staying in an inside cabin on deck 5 or 6 we have decided not to upgrade to keep the cost down we got a free upgrade to the drinks package which im looking forward too but here are my worries....

is the swimming pool packed?

is it hard to get sun loungers?

which restaurant is better with a 1 year (old she is not a fussy eater?)

what is and what isnt included in the all inclusive? (is water not included? what about juices etc)

do you pay for the entertainment?

any do's and don'ts?:

please give me any other tips that you think will be useful

I'm a little late to the party but as you've still got a month to go til your cruise, I thought I'd join in.

As for the pool being packed, I guess it depends when you go. I went in July 2010 and yes, the swimming pool was packed, mostly with kids. However, they did run various sessions for adults. It's worth noting that it's not much of a swimming pool. It's more of a big bath!

It is no harder to get sun loungers than it is in your average hotel to be honest. If you get there early enough, it shouldn't be a problem.

The windjammer is by far the best restaurant if you have very young children. It's also open pretty much 24/7 too and they serve pretty much the same food that they serve in the main restaurant.

You don't have to pay for the entertainment, it's all included.

Avoid doing inland excursions which are not organised/run by Thomson. If you do and if you're late back, they won't wait for you! Thomson/Island Cruises generally offer very good excursions (often better than what the more glamorous cruise companies offer) However, they are not cheap. Expect to pay at least £50-£60 per head for a full day excursion. (and that's based on when I went 2 years ago)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived