Best family accommodation?! (Any cruise line!)

Pat&Liz

I have just about convinced my DH to consider going on a cruise next year. We will have a 4 year old and a 1 year old by then, and although we took our 4 year old on a short cruise last year, we haven't explored much in the way of family accommodation.

Last year we stayed in a RCCL promenade family stateroom, which had a double bed, sofa bed and a small alcove with bunk beds in it. We were very comfortable with this arrangement.

I'm now curious if other cruise lines offer similar accommodations? I'd like recommendations/ideas to explore, and if you know - which ships offer them?

Many thanks in advance.

RCCL is the only line with family staterooms like the one you experienced. To get the space and separate sleeping areas in one cabin on the other lines, you'll have to go to a suite. DCL and NCL have suites with more than one sleeping area, as does RCCL. Other lines of course, have suites, but I don't think any of them have bedrooms like the ones I mentioned.

Don't forget about connecting cabins, too...the kind with a door in between both cabins. That's a great way to get immediate access to the other cabin, and having 2 bathrooms and some privacy is a great thing on vacation! No going into the hall...you can keep the door open for all the time access, or shut it at night so parents can have some "alone" time, while still being closer to the kiddies than they probably are at home!

Archived