52/365 Projects

NMCruzzin

Happy New Year Everyone!!

For those of you that may have got a new camera for Christmas....or a special shopping spree....or Peer Pressure... (;)) This is a great time to challenge your self with a new project. Last Jan 1, I was challenged to take a picture once a week - sounded pretty easy, until those Ho-Hum weeks arrive and then you look around on Saturday for something to shoot! It's actually been a fun project and I did really well taking my weekly picture, in fact, there were some weeks that were full of different things going on and I have 2-3 pictures for that week. I will now make my 'Year in Review' photo book! I had a combination of Camera & iPhone shots!

Just wanted to put this out here for anyone that needs a little challenge to keep on learning more about your camera and the world around you!! :)

Have Fun!

Jean

Happy New Year Everyone!!

For those of you that may have got a new camera for Christmas....or a special shopping spree....or Peer Pressure... (;)) This is a great time to challenge your self with a new project. Last Jan 1, I was challenged to take a picture once a week - sounded pretty easy, until those Ho-Hum weeks arrive and then you look around on Saturday for something to shoot! It's actually been a fun project and I did really well taking my weekly picture, in fact, there were some weeks that were full of different things going on and I have 2-3 pictures for that week. I will now make my 'Year in Review' photo book! I had a combination of Camera & iPhone shots!

Just wanted to put this out here for anyone that needs a little challenge to keep on learning more about your camera and the world around you!! :)

Have Fun!

Jean

I just got a Canon T2i a few weeks ago. Spend a couple weeks getting the feel of the camera. As someone new to the DSLR world and someone who only used a P&S on auto, I have made a promise to myself to take more photos and learn what each setting does. My goal at this point isn't to try to get perfect photos, but to see how each setting effects the outcome. Spent some time last week playing with ISO.

A great Idea!

Sadly, I have tried a PAD (Picture A Day) project and it turned into a PESO (Picture Every So Often).

I think the PAW has potential...less time pressure! I'm even adding a repeating Thursday reminder on my phone to prod me if I haven't done it yet.

Thanks for the spark!

Dave

A new function on our camera's each week, and maybe a favorite picture with that setting - would make a great project!!

A Picture a Day was also just to much for me..... but the PAW was just perfect!!

When we were on our Cruise in Sept....only one picture... NO Way!... I added 3! haha!

A Phone reminder..... That's a great idea!

Great timing! I decided last Saturday nite to assign myself a 'project', so I came up w/ this: on Sunday I would shoot at least 5-10 pics of something YELLOW...here are the results - not all quite crisp & in focus, but some were out of the vehicle window! Anyway, I made a collage.

Next week? Well...I'll have to think on that one....

2012_1_1.jpg

Great timing! I decided last Saturday nite to assign myself a 'project', so I came up w/ this: on Sunday I would shoot at least 5-10 pics of something YELLOW...here are the results - not all quite crisp & in focus, but some were out of the vehicle window! Anyway, I made a collage.

Next week? Well...I'll have to think on that one....

2012_1_1.jpg

Whose license plate did you publish? :eek:

between june 2010 and june 2011 i did 365 which is a picture a day for one year it was a challenge from my camera club here in west aust, it wasn't easy and some of the pics are very uninspiring but some forced me out of the house to look around when i wouldn't have bothered to go out and i bought a tabletop light box and got really good at macro, by the end i really knew my camera and have a year in pictures:)

I am trying to post a picture a day on my Flicker page. Some days it might be something I took a couple of days previous, but it keeps me conscious of trying to shoot as often as possible. If it gets too hard to maintain I will change it to a picture a week.

I just got my first DSLR, so I have lots to learn.

Archived