an you tell me about San Fransico Beach?

ZoeyZoey

HI. I am so glad I found this place. I learned so much! I searched thru this whole board and I can't find much about San Fransisco beach.

How much to get in?

Additional charge for chairs?

How is the food and drink? Yummy? Reasonablly(sp) priced?

What's the atmosphere like? Family Friendly or Party Time?

TIA!

In my opinion...don't waste your valuable, short time on the island going there. There are two great places on either side of it...Paradise Beach and Palm Beach. I don't care for San Francisco beach at all. Bad service, bad music, yucky food, way too small beach area. Again, just my opinion.

In my opinion...don't waste your valuable, short time on the island going there. There are two great places on either side of it...Paradise Beach and Palm Beach. I don't care for San Francisco beach at all. Bad service, bad music, yucky food, way too small beach area. Again, just my opinion.

Go to Paradise Beach!! Free to get in and if you wan't you can check out SF Beach by taking a few steps.... IMO the ONLY thing SF Beach has to offer is Parasailing. Well..... also the location next to Paradise Beach.... and a few agressive vendors........

Well, you guys don't make it sound too good, LOL. Mostly I was interested in it because of the swiming pool they have. I was thinking when the kids get restless of the ocean they would like swiming in a big pool (compared to the ship) for a while. Could we walk over from Paradise Beach to use the pool and buy some bottles of water? Do you know of any other beach that has a pool?

I guess different folks like different things.

We were at San Fransico Beach last week and had a great time. I found the food (nachos) to be good and did not find the vendors "overly" aggressive. There was no charge to get in, and no charge for the chairs and umbrella. We were there for 4 hours or so, had some drinks (beer for me, fruity rum drinks for DW), coke for DD, and some nachoes. Total tab with tip was somewhere around $40 USD. One thing we liked about it was it was less crowded than Paradise Beach on the day we went.

The pool was a nice change of pace. It was kind of refreshing and cool to take a dip in. Like rcsort said, SF Beach and Paradise are right next to each other, so you could check them both out and then make a decision.

Good luck, and you'll have fun either way.

ZoeyZoey if you are looking for a beach club with a pool, we were too and Nachi Cocom seems like the best bet and if you read down the board it has received very good reviews 99% of the time so I think its a fairly good bet

I saw Nachi Cocom, it looked great, but the price sounds high for the kids. I don't think they have a kids rate , do they? I will try paradise beach, sounds like the best choice for us.

I was at San Francisco last weekend and enjoyed it very much. They have a 20% discount right now for island residents. The beach is immediately next to Paradise Beach and they have almost equal equipment. I enjoyed the food and pretty good service, but there aren't lots of folks on the beach on weekends like during the weekdays. All things considered, I think they are pretty equal.

I don't see it mentioned but they are just as free as the adjoining beach club.

28_1_15.gif"The beaches of Cozumel are public domain and anyone charging for access to them will be fined", insist a spokesman for the Secretary of the Environment and Natural Resources. Roberto Aguilera Hernandez was on the island recently to celebrate the inaguration of the Federal Maritime Land Zone Administration & Regulation Offices.

During the last three years this department has permitted more than 50 concessions, taking in fees totaling approximately 3 million pesos per year.

There are very few public beaches on Cozumel's western coastline and the majority of them charge or regulate their use. The situation has resulted in complaints from a majority of island residents, who don't have transportation to the other side of the island.

The delegate made it clear that access to Cozumel's beaches should not be conditioned and those who charge will be fined.

I was next to San Fran Beach last week. We stayed at Palm Beach. San Fran was real busy. Lots of people.

If you never been there before, there is nothing that seperatess these areas,

The whole are is very congested.

Not the quietest spot around.

Chris

Archived