Camp Carnival / Anytime Dining

Cruzin' Daddy

If my memory serves me correctly, children can use Camp Carnival when they are as young as 2 years old. If my child will be 1 week shy of 2 years old, while on our cruise, any chance she will be allowed to utilize Camp Carnival?

Also, I am new to this whole idea of Anytime Dining. I am guessing it works just like a land based restaurant where you arrive and wait until a table is available for your party. My question is, once a table is available, do the waiters/waitresses seat your party at their own table, or are you seated with other people?

Thanks!!!!!!

I do not think they will let you use the Camp if your child is not 2 or over. You can use the for a fee babysitting after 10pm though.

For Anytime dining, you could be scattered all over, but I guess could ask for the same table/waiter every night if free. There is a dining room for Anytime Dining guests on most/if not all ships I think.

I have not heard of anyone getting a child under 2 (regardless of birthday) into CC. I believe the official policy is that your child is the age that they are on the first day of the cruise for the entire cruise.

You are asked if you want to be seated with other parties. You may get a table faster that way, but if you want to sit with just your group, that's okay too.

They are very strict on that age requirement for 2 year olds. If possible I would reschedule the cruise a week later. Anytime they will seat just your party or with another party, but they ask you if you would like to dine with other guests.

If my memory serves me correctly' date=' children can use Camp Carnival when they are as young as 2 years old. If my child will be 1 week shy of 2 years old, while on our cruise, any chance she will be allowed to utilize Camp Carnival?

Also, I am new to this whole idea of Anytime Dining. I am guessing it works just like a land based restaurant where you arrive and wait until a table is available for your party. My question is, once a table is available, do the waiters/waitresses seat your party at their own table, or are you seated with other people?

Thanks!!!!!![/quote']

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/PoliciesActivities_AgesUnder2.htm

Under-2 Child (6 Months to Under 24 Months)

General Information / Policies / Activities

Camp Carnival cannot accept children under the age of 2 unless they are turning 2 years old on the cruise. THERE ARE NO AGE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY. There are specific times on board each ship that under-2 year olds are welcome into the facility. Each ship operates differently based on the itinerary.

Camp will be opened from noon til 2 for your under 2 year old to play but you gotta stay with the child.

It was a great time for our 18 month old to spend some of that energy and play with other kids.

then we took a nap..:D

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from a 5 day on the Elation. Our Anytime Dining was in the Imagination Dining room, and the Anytime diners in that dining room were seated on the left wing of the dining room. We usually got there shortly after the 5:45 opening and never had to wait. However, we went to the trivia game one night, and there was a group with a pager alerting them that their table was ready, and that was about 8:00. So I guess it just depends on the flow of guests.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got back from a 5 day on the Elation. Our Anytime Dining was in the Imagination Dining room' date=' and the Anytime diners in that dining room were seated on the left wing of the dining room. We usually got there shortly after the 5:45 opening and never had to wait. However, we went to the trivia game one night, and there was a group with a pager alerting them that their table was ready, and that was about 8:00. So I guess it just depends on the flow of guests.[/quote']

We are also sailing on the elation and doing anytime dining. We have never done the anytime before. Are you supposed to go at either 6 or 8 or could you go at 7 for example? They give you a pager like at a land restaraunt and then you can go have a drink or walk around ship while waiting?

We are also sailing on the elation and doing anytime dining. We have never done the anytime before. Are you supposed to go at either 6 or 8 or could you go at 7 for example? They give you a pager like at a land restaraunt and then you can go have a drink or walk around ship while waiting?

you go to dinner anytime between the hours of 5:45 -9:30pm.

between 7-8 are peak times. If you have a group your wait may be longer.

I've only tried "anytime" dining once...on RCCL. The reason we chose anytime was because 6pm was too early and 8pm was too late. So we went to the dining room when we boarded and put in a standing reservation for our party (we had 10-12 people) for 6:45. If you are doing anytime for the same reason and are willing to "lock" in a time, then make a standing reservation and you'll walk right in and get seated most likely.

However if you're doing anytime b/c you never know when you'll want to dine, you will most like run the risk of a wait if you hit the dining room at peak hours (7-7:30).

As for Carnival Camp - I'm not sure but I've only read posts of how they are "strict" about the age cut off.

Archived