Travelling by Taxi in Cozumel?

erineab

Hi there,

We will be travelling with DCL in March and one of our stops will be Cozumel. We were there years ago, prior to having children, and loved Chankanaab Park. I am not sure how comfortable I will be taking my 5 year old and 2.5 year old in a taxi though. Does anyone know what the taxi service is like (I can't remember at all)? Would I be able to use booster seats?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

We will be travelling with DCL in March and one of our stops will be Cozumel. We were there years ago, prior to having children, and loved Chankanaab Park. I am not sure how comfortable I will be taking my 5 year old and 2.5 year old in a taxi though. Does anyone know what the taxi service is like (I can't remember at all)? Would I be able to use booster seats?

Thanks in advance!

Some taxis have seat belts and some do not. Just look for one with belts for the booster. I have been with my grandchildren in Cozumel and we had a great time at the beach.

Do you know how long the taxi ride is from the pier to Chankanaab Park? We have a 6 month old (she will be almost 9 months when we cruise) we wanted to go to Chankanaab Park to the bench with her but weren't planning on talking a car seat.

We were in Cozumel in December. The taxis we saw lined up at the pier were mainly large white vans with several rows of seats. The seats by the windows opposite the sliding entry door did have 3-point seatbelts, and we were able to use booster seats both ways. Some of the other seating positions did not or had to be rigged up somehow.

We passed Chankanaab on the way to our destination, and I would estimate it's approximately 5-7 minutes from the pier. I recall thinking it seemed close.

5-7 minutes seems do-able. Has anyone opted to just not use carseats or boosters, and hold the children on laps? Does it make me a bad parent for even considering that? Just trying to minimize how much "stuff" we have to lug around with us.

5-7 minutes seems do-able. Has anyone opted to just not use carseats or boosters, and hold the children on laps? Does it make me a bad parent for even considering that? Just trying to minimize how much "stuff" we have to lug around with us.

This won't be the first time I have said this but you asked. No, I never opted out of car seats.

I would opt out of lugging that 2nd piece of luggage before I would risk my child's life. I always looked at it this way - I wouldn't stick my own child in my own car and drive "just a few minutes, and a few blocks" without my kids locked in their car seats. So why would I trust some stranger to do it?

I have never opted out of carseats, although it has made me a pain in the a** in many foreign countries (not to mention on domestic travel). We just plan it in a way we can include the carseats. For day trips to the beach, it's generally not a big deal, assuming you can use boosters or install carseats in the local taxis. The beach resorts will watch your seats for you. Just put them in a bag with wheels!

Archived