wine tasting on Marina?

dundeene

Outside of La Reserve are wine tastings held on Marina?

thanks

All Wine Events are held in the La Reserve space , as the room is beautifully set up for that purpose.

Marina-La-Reserve-0396.JPG

That is not to say that all of those events are a part of the "dinner" that is served there.

There will be several stand alone Wine Tastings, with varying fees dependent on the quality of the wines.

Outside of La Reserve are wine tastings held on Marina?

thanks

I wrote in another thread that Marina is a work in progress and that both the physical aspects of the ship and the experience are changing over time. This may be the case of wine tastings. JimandStan's experience described in this thread was different from ours on the recent holiday cruise.

There was a combined wine and tapas tasting in La Reserve essentially every day of the cruise on a drop-in basis during a four-hour window. The tapas included slices of Iberico jamon, chunks of cheese, and olives; none of the tastings in La Reserve was wine only. (Cost $12 per person)

Other wine-only tasting events -- at least two -- took place in other specialty restaurants. These were not done on a drop-in basis; they took place as a group at a set time. A tasting for Italian wines took place in Toscana one afternoon on an at-sea say. I wrote that at least two took place since one of the nights when we dined at Jacques, the somelier invited us to participate in another tasting. We didn't follow through so I don't recall the specifics.

We were hoping there were other low key opportunities for wine tasting onboard! It sounds like there are, whether in the La Reserve space or specialty restaurants. Ours is a 10 day cruise without seadays.

Off topic, but we are VERY happy with Oceania's air package. Great flights, and they even confirmed good seats in the two seat side portion of a airbus 330 on Air France on both transatlantic flights. Exactly the seats I would have chosen!

We attended wine tastings in Jacques. They filled the restaurant with paper place settings for each guest with five circles drawn for each glass listing the names of the wines to be enjoyed along with palate cleansing tidbits. As each glass was filled the somelier explained in detail about the wine, food pairing and the terrior.

We were on the Jacques Pepin cruise and he was in attendance with his two friends, one a chef and the other a somelier. As I recall it was a very entertaining discussion about wines and restaurants. I don't recall the nominal fee they charged for the event

Archived