How to deal with guests who don't follow rules...

dishealth11

How to deal with guests who ignore the rules  

296 members have voted

1. 1. How to deal with guests who ignore the rules

• Notify closest crew member
    • Notify ship director
    • Speak directly to guest / remind them of the rules
    • Ignore the person & try to enjoy myself
    • Leave the area
    • Other

this was just answered when you posted this exact question in the "i found the dawn disappointing" thread. use the search feature and don't be so lazy!

But now it is a poll and that is ever so much more interesting. Now all of the members can cast their votes as to the best way to dispense with annoying cruise mates. Maybe we will all learn good ways to tell people to take a hike without being nasty or rude. :D :) :D :)

But now it is a poll and that is ever so much more interesting. Now all of the members can cast their votes as to the best way to dispense with annoying cruise mates. Maybe we will all learn good ways to tell people to take a hike without being nasty or rude. :D :) :D :)

we need a poll of how to dispense with annoying CC members...here's a thought..run a poll of how people find answers to their questions...instead of starting 10+ threads w/ each different question, i'm pretty sure people would respond with either asking their roll call or SEARCHING! :p

time to take this poll..ever so fun

I didn't see your previous post so I will be kind enough to put my two cents in. It was our experience last year on the majesty to notice some teenage kids getting a bit too wild. I can assure you that the security on the Majesty was right there if needed. One night an 18yr old looking kid tried to swipe one of the special glasses, might have been the margarita shaker or was it the monkey?, anyway...he took one and I swear in 2 minutes security was right there asking him to put it back. When he refused they took him aside for a little convo and next thing you know he put the glass back and that was that. My point is that I feel that if there is a circumstance of someone being over the line, the security team would straighten the situation out in no time. As far as other pax being courteous, there may never be a remedy for that but we found that if you voice your discomfort to someone they are also on vacation and in most cases they will appease you to keep the peace. I found that many a pax did mention to the kis to please stop running around and for the most part they did listen....

What is the post number that has this poll? I could not find it.

no poll has been started!! but you asked this question in the "i found the dawn disappointing" thread...i just came across it and someone answered your question.

also, there is no need for a poll...if something is bothering you terribly, you would notify your room steward (if it deals with your room) or the appropriate person in the area of your complaint.

And so if someone else had the same question that I had, should they search through thousands of posts to find it--afterall it was embedded in a post specific to the Dawn. This poll is generic.

Unless you are the poll police or the host, you have no right to determine whether a poll a needed or not.

The last part of your mean post, does actually give advice, so I've bolded it.

We will meet again, meanie.

no poll has been started!! but you asked this question in the "i found the dawn disappointing" thread...i just came across it and someone answered your question.

also, there is no need for a poll...if something is bothering you terribly, you would notify your room steward (if it deals with your room) or the appropriate person in the area of your complaint.

okay well to end this now and to save this thread and board from unnecessary posts, i will apologize for my "meanness."

my point was that since you had already asked this question there was thus no need for this poll. but what makes these boards so great is our ability to be outspoken or ask as many questions as needed.

so i apolgize for being short with you and rude. and let's end this tiff here. :D

OK. But just for my own info, I did a quick SEARCH on you. Seems you've asked some pretty basic questions yourself, hunh... Like this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=119061

And you haven't even been on a cruise yet, if I read correctly.

OK, let's end it now.

okay well to end this now and to save this thread and board from unnecessary posts, i will apologize for my "meanness."

my point was that since you had already asked this question there was thus no need for this poll. but what makes these boards so great is our ability to be outspoken or ask as many questions as needed.

so i apolgize for being short with you and rude. and let's end this tiff here. :D:D

I voted for "Other" because it depends on the situation. If it's something minor, I would almost always ignore it and just go about my business, which is to enjoy all that the ship has to offer. Minor to me includes such things as jeans, t-shirts and hats in the dining room at night. If it's something major, I would report it to a crew member. Major to me includes such things as vandalism, theft, dangerous behavior (e.g., diving into the pool in the shallow end, hanging too far over a ship's railing) or rowdyism (e.g., obnoxious, offensive behavior in a public room). There are, of course, many items that fall in between the two extremes. That's where I would take it on a case-by-case basis.

Well not a response to the poll but if i may ask - what is so wrong with postng a question under different threads? It will definitely open the door to more responses. Also, if you were so annoyed then why would you keep responding? Anyway, I am glad you appologized to the poster-

yes, i haven't been on a cruise yet...as you probably know already, these boads are great with helping out..i've learned so much (through this and the fact my parents are big NCL cruisers so I ask them stuff all the time) i feel like i've been on it already with how much i've learned! you'll probably feel the same. :D

but i'm not sure what to say back to the background check performed on me? i'm not sure if asking "how will a gay couple be received on a ship" sound basic but everyone's got their own opinions. :)

what ship are you going on?

i'm not sure if you know about the roll call boards, but its a great place to meet people before you board and i've had a bunch of my questions answered there along with just great advice for packing, getting to the pier, etc. from past cruisers.

hope this helps.

Tim

Well not a response to the poll but if i may ask - what is so wrong with postng a question under different threads? It will definitely open the door to more responses. Also, if you were so annoyed then why would you keep responding? Anyway, I am glad you appologized to the poster-

What's wrong it is a lot like cutting in the front of the line good for you bad for the long term value of the boards. Makes it much harder for people who take advantage of the search feature to find information.

Please watch and listen to the attached from the General boards at CC. Pay attention to section 2.

http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Yes, I know about the roll call board. In fact I discovered (using SEARCH) that my cruise has two roll call threads. Search on my name and you'll see it ;)

The point of my search is that everyone was once new here, and even the seasoned cruisers were first time cruisers at once, and long time members were once new to cc.

yes, i haven't been on a cruise yet...as you probably know already, these boads are great with helping out..i've learned so much (through this and the fact my parents are big NCL cruisers so I ask them stuff all the time) i feel like i've been on it already with how much i've learned! you'll probably feel the same. :D

but i'm not sure what to say back to the background check performed on me? i'm not sure if asking "how will a gay couple be received on a ship" sound basic but everyone's got their own opinions. :)

what ship are you going on?

i'm not sure if you know about the roll call boards, but its a great place to meet people before you board and i've had a bunch of my questions answered there along with just great advice for packing, getting to the pier, etc. from past cruisers.

hope this helps.

Tim

I'm not sure if asking "how will a gay couple be received on a ship" sound basic but everyone's got their own opinions.

Tim, did you receive any useful replies to this question? I'm not adept enough at surfing these boards to know how to access specific threads for items imbedded in them. However, the answer to that particular question is that it depends on a number of factors, the principal ones being: 1) cruise line; 2)time of year; 3) length/cost of cruise; 4) cruise intinerary. A national LGBT organization recently did an article on this subject, and I was amazed at the number of variables that determine the degree of acceptance gays/lesbians receive on a particular cruise. Overall, NCL and Princess were cited as the mass-market cruise lines with which gays/lesbians are likely to feel most comfortable.

(I apologize for this digression from the primary subject of this thread.)

You are too much:D and I thought I was the only one getting annoyed.

I don`t mind the questions if they are in their proper place, but starting new threads for every question is a no-no. Believe me, just about EVERY question has an answer on this board. If you have a new 'TWIST' that is what is interesting.

Rules: if it injures them because of stupidity I will just watch and see. If it injures someone else then I will let someone know.

People being people, in general, do not bother me. Couples, gay, straight etc don't bother me and if they do then shame on me. Couple making out to the point of needing to get a room, gay, straight etc should get the room and not subject me to their fantasies of being watched in a public place. A kiss is still a kiss.. if your tongue is down your partners throat to the point you can feel if they have tonsils then it is probably time to go somewhere else.

Posts that keep being re-posted. People post the same questions over and over because they are interested in the answers, want to further their adgendas or just didn't bother to do a search. People sometimes get really upset about it. Just don't read it and move on. Chastizing people for re-posting asked questions won't solve anything at all imo. Those who have an adgenda are not going to listen, those who want to discuss it further will ignore you and those people who don't search arent going to start now.

Tim, did you receive any useful replies to this question? I'm not adept enough at surfing these boards to know how to access specific threads for items imbedded in them. However, the answer to that particular question is that it depends on a number of factors, the principal ones being: 1) cruise line; 2)time of year; 3) length/cost of cruise; 4) cruise intinerary. A national LGBT organization recently did an article on this subject, and I was amazed at the number of variables that determine the degree of acceptance gays/lesbians receive on a particular cruise. Overall, NCL and Princess were cited as the mass-market cruise lines with which gays/lesbians are likely to feel most comfortable.

(I apologize for this digression from the primary subject of this thread.)

Bucks,

i'm going to do some searches on google for that study because that sounds pretty interesting. i had asked in the subject of the thread "anyone been on the dawn" because I was interested in how people on NCL was treated. from everyone who responded i got very positive feedback. there are FOD parties (friends of dorothy) on the ship usually which everyone mentioned. they said the stewards were extremely respectful (which I would expect) and they never had problems getting tables for two. from just roaming the gay/lesbian boards I notice that many sail princess, HAL, and celebrity but those that have sailed NCL have all loved it.

i take life with a grain of salt...i know everyone does not agree with the lifestyle and that's fine. I don't let it get to me. I realize there will be those on the ship that will give me and my bf the weird looks or if we're eating dinner they might glance over but if they are that closed-minded, it's their loss. :rolleyes: I've been raised to respect people but unfortunately not everyone has.

Tim

Archived