Xcaret was awesome!! Try Sea Trek!!

Kitty34

Xcaret was probably one of the neatest places we experienced on our cruise!! Very nice, clean spot. It was easy to get around. There were plenty of restrooms and spots to stop and rest. You could spend the day in the shade or in the sun. Your choice.

Sea Trek (walking the ocean floor with scuba helmets) was SO worth the money we paid!! You get up close and personal with lots of fish! It was great. My teenagers were very impressed.

We did the underground river but didn't rent the snorkels. That was the only place that seemed crowded.

Any questions..feel free to ask.:)

HI Glad you had a great time :D How much did the Trek cost & to enter the park? My husband did it in Cozumel few yrs back, he loved it. They have alcohol in the park? We may go there in a couple weeks, still so undecided about PDC

My wife did it a couple of months ago and it was in the 30 dollar range as best as i can remember. There are scuba divers with you and watch and check on you constantly plus a guy that leads you. My wife felt very safe.

It was $38 pp plus the cost to get in the park. There are several divers with you while you're doing it. In fact I felt more safe doing that than in the underground river even though the underground river wasn't too dangerous!! :)

Sounds like fun! Did you need a reservation for Sea Trek, or did you just walk up?

We signed up for a time when we first arrived at the park. We got to the park at around 10:00 and had our pick of afternoon times. We were the only boat at Calica so the park wasn't too busy yet. There are lots of people that go to Xcaret from other places, tho. :)

When you went to Xcaret did you go on your own or with ship excursion? We are going in Oct 23rd on the Victory and we wanted to do the Sea trek and the dolphin swim. The excursion is 7hrs with travel time from Cozumel, will this be long enough to do everyting? Were you on the Victory and if so what pier were you on or does anyone else know? Can you stay longer and find your own way back? Is it easy enough or should we book it on our own we are there til 12:00am?

Thanks for any info.

You wear a swimsuit during the Sea Trek. You can wear your glasses, can take pictures. You have a 70 lb helmet on your shoulders holding you down. My husband did it in Cozumel, he loved it. Xcaret is a very nice park & very nice beach but ALOT ALOT of walking. If you are going just to snorkel, pay the extra $30 for the tour cause the snorkeling at the park is sad, rock & a few fish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dot, that's great! I'm booking thru the ship also. It's about the same price plus you get the security of knowing if the bus breaks down they won't leave you.

Check on rolls calls for Elation/Ecstacy 10/3/o5. It's starting to get a few responses.

Who all are you traveling with?

Archived