Complete Stuck..Looking for Input!

manda513

You guys always seem to have the best advice so here goes...

I am planning a big surprise cruise for my hubby to celebrate his graduating from college in May. We have only been on one cruise thus far (the Imagination..last May) so still newbies to the whole cruising experience. The last cruise was only 4 days so looking to spend a little more time on the ship this time. We will also have our 2 little ones with us that are 6 and 8.

Our choices for cruises that fit into our dates are...The Legend out of Tampa -7 day Western Caribbean, Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale - 8 day Eastern Caribbean, or the Liberty out of Miami - 7 day Western Caribbean.

All 3 are similarly priced (within $100 of one another) and inside cabins with the exception of the Legend which would be a French door obstructed view.

All of the ports look interesting to us as we haven't done any traveling out of the country with the exception of Cozumel on the last cruise. I've been reading numerous reviews and they just seem to confuse me even more on which one to choose. So my question is...If you had the choice...Which one would you choose?!

I did the Legend out of Tampa last September and it was fantastic. If you take that one, make sure you book a Sting Ray City tour in Grand Cayman with Native Way Watersports...the kids are at a perfect age and will have a blast petting and holding the Sting Rays.

As you can see from my signature, the Liberty is next for me.

I would go on the Liberty. I saw a review of the Liberty recently with the 2.0 updates and it looks very nice. (It just got out of dry dock). It looks like it has the newer restaurants as well, like Guys Burgers and that Frog place. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 1st pick would be the Legend...great ship and itinerary! Love that class of ship as well...bigger than what you've sailed on, but not so large as to feel crowded. Also, it can be cheaper to fly to Tampa than FLL and MIA.

I might pick Liberty for 2nd since she just got the new 2.0 upgrades (have never sailed her). But look at the pirces flying into Miami...may be cheaper for you to fly into FLL.

Just sailed Freedom 8 day and it was a great cruise...but I still prefer Spirit Class ships, like Legend:)

I would go with the Liberty. Since she just came out of dry-dock with the 2.0 upgrades like Guy's Burger Joint, Cherry on Top (candystore for the kids), EA Sports Bar for obvious reasons if you are into sports, and the Red Frog bar this would be my choice. We are sailing the Magic later this year and we are looking forward to the Redfrog Bar among other things...

Seriously, Eastern and Western are both great itins. You really can't go wrogn either way. I would probably book based on which ship looks best to you with a price that works. We have gone both easter/western on Liberty and really like that ship, so that would probably by my pick if I had to choose.

Thanks everyone for the replies! Definately gives me more to think about. Are the kids clubs on all the ships similar? We liked the size of the Imagination so really don't want a ship so huge that we feel intimidated.

I am a fan of the Legend, and if you don't want a bigger ship that is the smallest of the three. My children are too old for Camp Carnival, but my grandchildren have used it on several ships and LOVED it each time. The Legend is easy to get around, and the fact that you would have some view from your cabin on the Legend would make it a sure thing for me. You may even be able to upgrade to a regular balcony by the time you sail if you get lucky. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Archived