Liquor Purchased in Port or On Board - Debarkation

Reva_Dearchi

Does anyone know the latest information on how Carnival distributes bottles of liquor purchased on board or in Port at debarkation time? There were so many different takes on the policy last year that I was more confused before I asked the question ( I.e. depends on debarkation port, depends on Ship, depends on if the ship is part of a trial participation group, depends on if you bought it on board you get it delivered the night before debarkation or if you bought it in port, you pick it up the morning of debarkation, blah blah, blah ...). Does CCL really have you pick up your liquor purchased the morning of debarkation? That would pose a problem to those using luggage express/valet. You would not have the opportunity to pack your purchase if your luggage is already on it's way to the airport. Even if you don't use luggage express/valet, you'd be left trying to pack in the middle of the debarkation port after retrieving your luggage from your designated bin. Did CCL ever make a final ruling on this policy? I cannot locate it on their web site and I haven't had a chance to go through John's blog yet.

Thanks!

Don't know why you are confused. You already know how it is done. The way you wrote it is exactly, how it goes. Buy on board, they delivered last evening. Buy at a port, they tell you to check it in at the table. (If your lucky, no one will be watching this too closely and you can proceed to the elevators, with it, that way you can pack it with the rest on the last night. But if you check it in at the table. Yep you pick it up the morning you debark.

Thanks Cricket63! I was trying to get some type of confirmation so your response was helpful! I was also hoping CCL had come to their senses and stopped making it so difficult to bring home liquor purchased in port or on board. So since I too am VIP, I was wondering if your liquor that was delivered the night before debarkation was purchased in port or on board? Happy Sailing!

Archived