Grand Case or Marigot?

BigJon

We'll be visiting this month on a cruise visit. We want to do a little shopping and spend some time on the beach. I believe Nettle Bay is closest to Marigot. Anyone done both (Grand Case/Marigot)? Which would you choose, and why. Thanks in advance! jonathan

We'll be visiting this month on a cruise visit. We want to do a little shopping and spend some time on the beach. I believe Nettle Bay is closest to Marigot. Anyone done both (Grand Case/Marigot)? Which would you choose, and why. Thanks in advance! jonathan

There is a beach in Marigot at the Beach Plaza resort. beachplazastmartin.com

It would take about 5 minutes to walk to the main part of town near the waterfront from there. I have never been to this beach or resort so I can not offer you any more information than that. I have never been to Nettle Bay either but that is definitely a drive from Marigot.

IMHO you would be better to visit Marigot for the shopping, market, a walk up to the fort and perhaps a stop at a cafe and then take a taxi over to Grand Case and visit it as well and stop at one of the two beaches there for your beach time. Town wise I would visit Marigot over Grand Case. It has more to offer but you can easily combine both towns and a beach in one day.

Archived