Eating in Belize

marcw

Heading to the Western Carribean in 4 weeks on the Legend. I read on some of the reviews about a place to eat that was near the pier that had awesome conch and lobster fritters. I think it was in Belize, but not sure and didn't write it down. Can someone please remind me of the name, and if they recommend it.

Yes, the Wet Lizard has excellent conch fritters. Like Froufie said, they are right there in the port area. My DH really like the Beliken Beer too!

Thats great to know for our Dec. visit. Enough people keep posting here and I won't have to go to the Port Of Call board. I love conch fritters.

Another vote for Wet Lizard.

If you are looking for an excursion, the Wet Lizard also offers excursions. We did one with them in October that went to the Belikin Brewery, did a city tour and then returned to the Wet Lizard for a lunch that was included in the price. You can order from the menu in lieu of the meal they serve which is a traditional jerk chicken with beans and rice, plantain and salad. Everyone in the group truly enjoyed it.

Enjoy your visit there. :)

Another vote for Wet Lizard.

If you are looking for an excursion, the Wet Lizard also offers excursions. We did one with them in October that went to the Belikin Brewery, did a city tour and then returned to the Wet Lizard for a lunch that was included in the price. You can order from the menu in lieu of the meal they serve which is a traditional jerk chicken with beans and rice, plantain and salad. Everyone in the group truly enjoyed it.

Enjoy your visit there. :)

This might sound weird, but are children allowed on the tour since it visits a brewery? My DH is very interested in the tour but I'm uncomfortable leaving the kids on the ship while we're in port. Our kids would be 7 and 9 years old, well-behaved, etc.

This might sound weird, but are children allowed on the tour since it visits a brewery? My DH is very interested in the tour but I'm uncomfortable leaving the kids on the ship while we're in port. Our kids would be 7 and 9 years old, well-behaved, etc.

You know, that's a great question. They have a contact us section on their website and they are very good at getting back to you if not the same day within 24 hrs. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be able to go along for the tour and then just wait in the tasting room while you and your husband do the brewery tour.

I have pictures and a blog entry about it in my signature below.

You know, that's a great question. They have a contact us section on their website and they are very good at getting back to you if not the same day within 24 hrs. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't be able to go along for the tour and then just wait in the tasting room while you and your husband do the brewery tour.

I have pictures and a blog entry about it in my signature below.

Thanks! I figure if all else fails, we can always just enjoy a Belikin beer at the Wet Lizard while our kids eat some snacks ;).

Thanks! I figure if all else fails, we can always just enjoy a Belikin beer at the Wet Lizard while our kids eat some snacks ;).

Either way...you aren't at home or work and you are on vacation. :D

Archived