Just Back Jewel 12/31 Cruise

Coastalbreezes

We returned home yesterday from a fantastic week (and our second cruise) on the Jewel.

Although the weather did not cooperate (high seas, cool air, windy, couldn't stop at GSC), we still found plenty to keep us busy and having fun every day.

We ate at most of specialty restaurants and service and food was wonderful.

The staff and officers on board were friendly and helpful and we would sail the Jewel again!

The only disappointment for my son was that enclosed Cigar Bar next to Le Bistro was gone and moved to the Sky High Bar outdoors on deck 13.

We especially enjoyed the music of the band Next Stage and guitarist Bruce Crichton -- lots of incredible talent there!

Happy to answer any questions,

TracyE

So glad you enjoyed your cruise!! We'll be sailing on the Jewel on the 21st.. we have sailed twice on the Gem and once on the Pearl. Thanks for offering to answer some questions...

Did they add some activities when they decided not to call on GSC? We'll be sailing with two first time cruisers and hope that there is enough to keep them busy in case we can't stop there.

Do they have a comedial/magician?

Can't think of anything else right now, but I am sure I'll have some questions later...

So glad you enjoyed your cruise!! We'll be sailing on the Jewel on the 21st.. we have sailed twice on the Gem and once on the Pearl. Thanks for offering to answer some questions...

Did they add some activities when they decided not to call on GSC? We'll be sailing with two first time cruisers and hope that there is enough to keep them busy in case we can't stop there. Yes, we received an addendum sheet of activities for that day with dozens of choices for things to do.

Do they have a comedial/magician? Comedian was David Naster and was quite funny. They also had a hypnotist, Brenda Kaye. My son said her show was excellent.

Can't think of anything else right now, but I am sure I'll have some questions later...

Feel free to ask away if you have any others.

Tracy

Ryan Rabe and he was one of the best concierges I have met.

Tracy

Glad you liked him.!!.. I have read mixed reviews about him but I read them with a grain of salt. We really don't expect much and are really low maintenance people.

We had Carlos as concierge on the Pearl last year and he was wonderful... we were traveling with my brother and his wife and 2 year old son, my mom, brother's mother-in-law, their friend and his mom... Carlos invited our entire group to the parties and for priority tendering, and disembarkation at ports and back in Miami, eventhough they were in balcony cabins. He was always there, knocking on our door to see if we needed anything. Sending a bottle of wine one day... I can't even imagine someone coming close to that.

Since the two ladies traveling with us have never been on a cruise, I was hoping that the concierge would be great!! (They are in a suite as well and have been reading up on the great NCL suite experience)

Glad you had a great time! We are looking at the same cruise for February. Can you tell me what cabin you were in (or area of the ship) and how it was (loud, quiet, etc.)? We are looking at an oceanview obstructed on deck 8 and are concerned about the noise since a couple restaurants and bar are below us.

Thanks!

We had 1 cloudy day, 2 partly cloudy days and 4 gorgeous days. Wind was often 30 knots. Wave max 15, avg 4-5. Max temp probably 60 in Nassau.

I would never understand what is not to like about Ryan Rabe. I saw him sitting twice the entire cruise. The rest of the time the gazillion Plat latitudes and Suite people had him RUSHING through the ship.

"Smile and the world smiles with you ... " :)

We had 1 cloudy day, 2 partly cloudy days and 4 gorgeous days. Wind was often 30 knots. Wave max 15, avg 4-5. Max temp probably 60 in Nassau.

I would never understand what is not to like about Ryan Rabe. I saw him sitting twice the entire cruise. The rest of the time the gazillion Plat latitudes and Suite people had him RUSHING through the ship.

"Smile and the world smiles with you ... " :)

I think some people expect too much... like I said we are very low maintenance.

Glad you had a great time! We are looking at the same cruise for February. Can you tell me what cabin you were in (or area of the ship) and how it was (loud, quiet, etc.)? We are looking at an oceanview obstructed on deck 8 and are concerned about the noise since a couple restaurants and bar are below us.

Thanks!

I have been in many cabins and have never heard noise from below unless it is a dance lounge. I would say that if your cabin is just aft of the forward stairwell, you should be fine.:)

Hi TracyE,

Glad you enjoyed the Jewel. Good to see that Next Stage is on her.

Can you tell us what took place for New Year's Eve events such as special parties and what happened at midnight. Thanks in advance,

coka

Hi TracyE,

Glad you enjoyed the Jewel. Good to see that Next Stage is on her.

Can you tell us what took place for New Year's Eve events such as special parties and what happened at midnight. Thanks in advance,

coka

The ship was festively decorated for both Christmas and New Year's and there were parties in every lounge and bar. THE place to be for the countdown was Spinnakers which is where we ended up.

Everyone was dancing and they passed out hats and noisemakers and had big screens with the countdown. Just before midnight they passed out champagne and when the time came, it seemed everyone was hugging, kissing, dancing and having a great time!

It was one of the most fun evenings I have ever had!

Tracy

Thanks!

We were in an aft cabin (8632) on deck 8 and never heard any noise from above or below.

Tracy

Welcome back Tracy, sounds like you had a blast, wish we could have joined you. So...... was 23 lucky for you ? lol

Cheers...the Ump...:D

Wish you and Ilene had been there also! I did win the $500 slot tourney:). A woman sitting near me the last night hit a multi-hand poker game for $10K!!!!!

Tracy

I have to echo what Tracy said...the 12/31 Jewel cruise was one for the memory books. The ship is in great shape, the food was excellent and the staff was (by far) the nicest I've ever encountered. We had a nice little Cruise Critic group and I met many nice folks from all over the world.

Great to meet you Tracy!

Archived