NCL Epic March 17, 2012

mejoe39

My partner Tim and I will be on the Epic for the March 17, 2012 sailing. We have been on NCL before as well as Carnival, Holland America, and Royal Caribbean.

Just wondering if there were any other gay couples or singles on board. We can't wait to see the ship. And going to St. Maarten is a major plus.:)

Joe

My partner and I will be on the sailing as well! 66 days and counting fast. We were on the Epic last year and loved it.

Tim and I have been on NCL (the Pearl) only once and loved the freestyle dining. I don't think we every ate in the regular dining room. Tim has been wanting to go on the Epic. I wasn't so sure about it because I thought it would be way too many people but I love St. Thomas and St. Martin.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

The flights are finally booked. Instead of booking the flights round-trip I did them one-way each way. I booked the outbound flights a couple of weeks ago and now I just booked the return flights. It actually ended up being cheaper that way.

I can't wait for the warm weather.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

We are so ready! Living in Michigan, we are in need of some sun. We were on the Epic same week last year. At first during the sail party I was like this is going to be an awful week with all of these people. However, after the party, I don't know where everyone went. The sailing was soldout with over 4800 people. We never had any problems dining, shows, etc (we did book shows early.) There was one at sea day that we got moving late (after 11am) and the decks were packed. However, we still found places, just not exactly where we wanted them. There are great hideaway spots that people just dont' look for, which is great. We were all over the boat the first day learning everything and it paid off for us. We were up early in port days and never a line to get off the boat. We normally don't spend all day in port so we find our way back somewhat early, so no line there.

Over all, I would think you will enjoy it. You never run out of things to do. If in need of a drink, check the daily as there is a two for one deal on martinis most days!

36 days!!

Ps. A couple of the shows fill up quickly. If you have not already, I'd book your shows/dining soon! ;)

We booked the Blue Man Group for the first day of the cruise and the Cirque show on Monday the 19th. We also booked all of our dining at the specialty restaurants. This is our second time on NCL but we have also sailed on Holland America, Carnival, and Royal Caribbean.

I hope I can find those hidden spots on the ship for sunbathing. I wasn't sure I was going to like being on a ship with so many people. There are times when you just want to get away from the crowds and enjoy the sun in a peaceful location. But then there are times when it is fun to people watch.

My partner Gary and I are also on this cruise. Will be with family, but look forward to being able to get away at times! We've been on NCL multiple times and always enjoyed it. It is our first time on Epic and we are looking forward to checking it out!

My partner Gary and I are also on this cruise. Will be with family, but look forward to being able to get away at times! We've been on NCL multiple times and always enjoyed it. It is our first time on Epic and we are looking forward to checking it out!

Welcome aboard. Its only about 4 more weeks to go. We have only been on NCL one other time (the Pearl). I don't remember if they post FOD meetings in the ship's daily itinerary or not. Does anyone know?

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody !

We are a couple of french guys taking part of this cruise.

Have been on Sky last year and wanted to taste this huge boat now !

We know much St. Marteen, as we like to go there on holidays from France but we do not know St. Thomas.

We have already booked the Blue Man Show on the 19th at 10pm, but none restaurants at the moment.

Looking forward to having a great fun on board, and meeting you all there !

but a bit stressed by the crowed....will see !

François and Julien

Welcome Francois & Julien. Hard to believe that it is now less than 2 weeks away! So much to do, so little time, LOL, but I'll be ready. Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the Epic!

Hello everybody !

We are a couple of french guys taking part of this cruise.

Have been on Sky last year and wanted to taste this huge boat now !

We know much St. Marteen, as we like to go there on holidays from France but we do not know St. Thomas.

We have already booked the Blue Man Show on the 19th at 10pm, but none restaurants at the moment.

Looking forward to having a great fun on board, and meeting you all there !

but a bit stressed by the crowed....will see !

François and Julien

Hello and welcome aboard,

I love St. Marteen. Orient beach is one of my favorite beaches. We have booked all of our dinners in the specialty restaurants. It is nice to be able to choose when you go to dinner.

I know what you mean about the crowds. I am a little concerned that the number of people on the ship may be more than I would like. But as long as I can find a comfortable chair for sun bathing I will be fine.

I can believe there is only one more week to go. See you all then.

Joe

Hi everyone.

This is my first cruise. I had booked a later cruise on Celebrity Silhouette (a repositioning cruise from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale) and I became obsessed with cruising when I found this cruise and had some use'em-or-lose'em vacation days.

I'm booked into a Studio and I'm really looking forward to it. Hope to meet you in the Bliss Lounge Sunday morning.

Welcome HellsKitchenCruiser !

Hope you will enjoy this cruise too.

The weather is not so bad in Paris at the moment but we are looking forward to beeing in the plane to Miami on friday and off course embarking the Epic on Saturday !

I think we will be there at around noon and will visit the place in the afternoon.

You are talking about the Bliss on Sunday morning, is it a special place we can meet ?!!!

See you all there !!! :o

François and Julien

I'm also getting super excited about getting on vacation in 4 short days (although it will be a sunny 80 degrees here in Chicago tomorrow!!). I'd be up for a meeting on Sunday morning if you guys want to have an informal gathering.

Hi everyone.

This is my first cruise. I had booked a later cruise on Celebrity Silhouette (a repositioning cruise from Rome to Ft. Lauderdale) and I became obsessed with cruising when I found this cruise and had some use'em-or-lose'em vacation days.

I'm booked into a Studio and I'm really looking forward to it. Hope to meet you in the Bliss Lounge Sunday morning.

Hi HellsKitchenCruiser,

Its almost time to board the ship. I've heard the studio cabins are really great. Is there a gathering scheduled in the Bliss Lounge Sunday morning? What time is the gathering.

Joe

Archived