NCL Jewel 1/21/12 sailing...any other lesbians/gays joining me?

Celebrating40

Hi all

Am cruising on the Jewel out of NYC on 1/21. Just booked today. Was wondering if there are any other lesbian or gay cruisers out here that will be on this sailing. I'm a single mom of a teen and, as usual, the child will be off doing her own thing leaving me to entertain myself LOL. Was hoping to make new friends to hang out with, grab a drink and perhaps dine at times. I'm a native New Yorker and I am funny as all hell if I do say so myself :p ;). Definitely good company. Look forward to hearing from someone that might be on this cruise...anyone...anyone....?

I'm crusing the following week on the same ship. I wonder if they will have any GLBT meet an greets myself. I'd love to meet a few on the ship. The last cruse we were on I attended a FOD meeting and met about 10 others and we had a great time .

Aw, too bad you're on the following week! Was the last cruise on NCL with the FOD meeting? I saw someone post the daily itineraries and there was a FOD meet up each night in the star bar I believe. Hoping there's a good turnout for these. Thanks for the reply!

I'm crusing the following week on the same ship. I wonder if they will have any GLBT meet an greets myself. I'd love to meet a few on the ship. The last cruse we were on I attended a FOD meeting and met about 10 others and we had a great time .

Hi all

Am cruising on the Jewel out of NYC on 1/21. Just booked today. Was wondering if there are any other lesbian or gay cruisers out here that will be on this sailing. I'm a single mom of a teen and, as usual, the child will be off doing her own thing leaving me to entertain myself LOL. Was hoping to make new friends to hang out with, grab a drink and perhaps dine at times. I'm a native New Yorker and I am funny as all hell if I do say so myself :p ;). Definitely good company. Look forward to hearing from someone that might be on this cruise...anyone...anyone....?

I sure wish we were!!!

We got married on the Jewel back in July and had the time of our lives. The review is in my signature below.

As for the FOD meetings I will tell you we went to the Star Bar on the first night (in our wedding gowns and all) and no one was in there but us, and my fellow lesbians who cruised with us. We never did try another night so perhaps the first night everyone else was just to busy.

We had our 14 year old and 21 year old with us and they both had a blast. The teen went to the teen club and had 'friends' for the rest of the week to hang with. She's kind of shy at first so if she can make friends anyone can. My son, well he hung with us at times since he's 21 but he also hung out with his cousins and met some other cruises ti socialize with.

One of the things I would suggest is to do the either the early or late dinner seating. In that way you have a good chance of building a rapport with your tablemates. We hung out with ours a few times.

Any specific questions about the Jewel ask away!

By the way, how often do you cruise out of NYC?

This was our first time and it was GREAT! a week later we cruised on Carnival Glory to Canada out of NYC as well. We are doing the Carnival Miracle next in August.

Hi there! I actually a post from you on one of these boards and noticed your wedding pics. What a beautiful couple you are and congratulations on the marriage! Wishing you many years of happiness. I also sent you friend request on here.

I am hoping FOD meetings will at least have a little bit of life to them. I think it's wonderful that you showed in your gowns. Too bad no one else was there. I am very comfortable socializing with anyone. As a matter of fact, I have made great friends on previous cruises with all hetero married couples. LOL Never really made any connection with other LGBT cruisers. And great idea about dining and socializing! Thanks.

This is my first cruise out of NYC. I realized my daughter has regents week and it hit me that she's a senior and has taken all her tests. This was just last week it occurred to me so a little bit of research later, I found this sailing for a ridiculous price of $309 per person for an inside. I never sailed in an inside cabin before but for the price I couldn't pass it up. We are sailing in February too on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore for President's week with a large group. Unfortunately my gf and i broke up and we are still booked in the same cabin. With my daughter. We'll probably be mature about this and make it thru the sailing but it is a bit awkward. Wish me luck! And I actually have a cruise that I won during bingo. Thinking the Carnival Magic is calling me. LOL

I am sure I can think of some questions for you so def keep an eye on the thread. If you wouldn't mind, maybe we can email? My address is mstburgos @ aol dot com. Only if you feel comfortable. I am from Staten Island, btw.

Thank you very much for replying.

I sure wish we were!!!

We got married on the Jewel back in July and had the time of our lives. The review is in my signature below.

As for the FOD meetings I will tell you we went to the Star Bar on the first night (in our wedding gowns and all) and no one was in there but us, and my fellow lesbians who cruised with us. We never did try another night so perhaps the first night everyone else was just to busy.

We had our 14 year old and 21 year old with us and they both had a blast. The teen went to the teen club and had 'friends' for the rest of the week to hang with. She's kind of shy at first so if she can make friends anyone can. My son, well he hung with us at times since he's 21 but he also hung out with his cousins and met some other cruises ti socialize with.

One of the things I would suggest is to do the either the early or late dinner seating. In that way you have a good chance of building a rapport with your tablemates. We hung out with ours a few times.

Any specific questions about the Jewel ask away!

By the way, how often do you cruise out of NYC?

This was our first time and it was GREAT! a week later we cruised on Carnival Glory to Canada out of NYC as well. We are doing the Carnival Miracle next in August.

Hi there! I actually a post from you on one of these boards and noticed your wedding pics. What a beautiful couple you are and congratulations on the marriage! Wishing you many years of happiness. I also sent you friend request on here.

Thank you! I did see your request a few days ago and accepted.

I am hoping FOD meetings will at least have a little bit of life to them. I think it's wonderful that you showed in your gowns. Too bad no one else was there. I am very comfortable socializing with anyone. As a matter of fact, I have made great friends on previous cruises with all hetero married couples. LOL Never really made any connection with other LGBT cruisers. And great idea about dining and socializing! Thanks.

I've never been to any happening FOD gatherings since we began cruising. On our first cruise I didn't know about it, so we didn't look for one. On the following cruises we just never saw anyone at the designated spots. It's funny though, if say one person IS there for FOD but other are there too...how do you really know who is there for FOD?!?!? lol

This is my first cruise out of NYC.

You will LOVE it! The Jewel embarkment is very smooth. It's also great to be able to just take a cab to the terminal.

I realized my daughter has regents week and it hit me that she's a senior and has taken all her tests. This was just last week it occurred to me so a little bit of research later, I found this sailing for a ridiculous price of $309 per person for an inside. I never sailed in an inside cabin before but for the price I couldn't pass it up. We are sailing in February too on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore for President's week with a large group. Unfortunately my gf and i broke up and we are still booked in the same cabin. With my daughter. We'll probably be mature about this and make it thru the sailing but it is a bit awkward. Wish me luck!

Luck, Luck, Luck! Good thing about it is your daughter will be there. Plus you cna just go to the cabin to sleep, shower and be out and about again. You are not confined to it.

And I actually have a cruise that I won during bingo. Thinking the Carnival Magic is calling me. LOL

Sweeet!

I am sure I can think of some questions for you so def keep an eye on the thread. If you wouldn't mind, maybe we can email? My address is mstburgos @ aol dot com. Only if you feel comfortable. I am from Staten Island, btw.

I'm from Manhattan, but live in the Bronx. Not by choice, but by income lol. What part of SI are you from?

You've got mail....

Thank you very much for replying.

It's great to meet another woman from my city who loves to cruise and loves women! lol :D

Archived