7 Day Western Caribbean - Miracle or Glory?

Crew32

Trying to decide between the 7 day western caribbean on the miracle or the 7 day western caribbean on the glory.

Miracle -out of Tampa to (1) Grand Caymen,(2) Costa Maya, Mexico, & (3) Belize

Glory - out of Port Canaveral to (1) Key West, (2) Belize, (3) Cozumel, and (4) Progreso,Yucatan, Mexico

The trip would be in December. Cost and travel distance to port is similar. And the most important port to me is Belize, which is on both iteneraries.

Can anyone comment on either trip or ship?

Thanks

Haven't done the Miracle itinerary, but would point out that stops at GC are often missed because it is too rough to tender and I haven't seen a lot of favorable reports re Costa Maya (haven't been there myself). I don't know if fog would be a potential problem leaving from Tampa that time of year or not, but have read posts where that did cause some problems recently. On the other hand, if you like at sea days, this one would have more, since you have only three ports rather than four.

Did the Glory itinerary on Pride two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of folks don't care for Progreso but we did the hacienda/jeep excursion and really enjoyed it. It was our first time to visit Key West and that was great too - just too short a stay there.

I have gone out of Tampa and PC and thought PC was easier but not enough difference to make that a factor, other than the chance of fog.

My pick would be Glory. I am sure others can make a case for Miracle.

Trying to decide between the 7 day western caribbean on the miracle or the 7 day western caribbean on the glory.

Glory - out of Port Canaveral to (1) Key West, (2) Belize, (3) Cozumel, and (4) Progreso,Yucatan, Mexico

The trip would be in December. Cost and travel distance to port is similar. And the most important port to me is Belize, which is on both iteneraries.

Can anyone comment on either trip or ship?

Thanks

I'll let you know when I get back I'm sailing the Miracle in May and the Glory in September...both Western :D

Miracle itinerary also includes Cozumel, so the ports-of-call seem to be better for the Miracle, 'course I'll be sailing on her in 5 days so, I'm a tad prejudice... Grand Cayman vs Key West, I'd probably pick GC.. I know, try 'em both; the Glory and the Miracle! :D

We enjoyed the western on the Triumph: Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Ocho Rios.. Cozumel was an 11 PM departure, so we had a really nice long day there, plus a sea day in-between which made the cruise a little more relaxing! Choices, choices, choices.... ;)

Archived