Paradise Sept., Oct or Nov 206

karessamom

I'm thinking about taking my children (and husband) on our 2nd cruise on the Paradise in Sept., Oct., or Nov, of 2006. My children will be 14 and 5.

Wondering about activities, weather etc. We're thinking we'd like a suite since i just priced and can get a suite for all 4 of us for less than i paid for a balcony on conquest for the 2 of us. Also regarding suite, can you have 3 beds in there--(ie--king for us, queen or sofa pull out for dd and another twin or sofa pull out or upper bed for son??) --don't want to put 14 yo daughter in same bed as 5yo son----(thought also about getting separate cabins but dd will be too young to be left by herself. Any comments would be appreciated and/or helpful advice. We haven't even gone on our first cruise yet and already planning 2nd :) thanks

• 7 months later...

I was on the Paradise in September....The suites had a sofa bed. and you could make the king into two beds, thereby giving you 3...hope that helps. There was a love seat as well, which I'm sure would be adequate for the 5 year old. I have a soon to be 5 year old as well, I would also like to know about the activities (my wife and I did not bring out son on this recent cruise) We were on the upper deck. I loved the room.

Well as a multi-cruiser and getting ready to go on the Pride in January again; I would heartily recommend that you skip or for go the Paradise and take the Pride instead. When we went on the Paradise compared to the Pride it was a waste. We found the service to be lacking; the staff seemed to be a lot less attentive to passengers and the cleanliness of the ship.

Or take the Paradise first and then take the Conquest, the size differnce will make you feel claustrophobic if you take your cruises in the currrent order, but of course this is only my opinion.

Forecast for September, October and November: dry. While the occasional on-shore breeze and even rain are possible for a few days in that period, expect strong, generally warm (during the day) or hot (especially in September), extremely dry off-shore winds from the North. In short, fire season. Since Paradise keeps generally close to shore, you should experience pretty much the same weather most of the time at sea. Hurricane season (such as it is) in the Eastern Pacific will be mostly over and you'll be way North of the (lack of) activity anyway.

(Not to worry. The brush fires will not affect operations at either the port or area airports or the freeways connecting them.)

If there aren't any major fires going, expect blindingly blue 40 mile visibility, Chamber of Commerce, this-is-why-we-love-So-Cal skies.

Archived