I suppose this could go along with Vancouver Hotel help but....

Hello and glad to be aboard!:)

Wife and I are traveling to Vancouver July 28 2005 for Alaska cruise on 30th.

looking for a nice place to stay for 2 nights within walking distance to gastown/downtown etc.. We will not be renting a car so no problem with parking fees. After what seems like days of exhaustive research using search tools from American Express, Trip advisor, Travelaxe, bla, bla, bla... we have only reached a conclusion on two hotels 1. Hyatt Regency downtown Vancouver and 2. Hotel Le Soleil. Both seem rated well and price is realatively comparative. (any input here? we sure would appreciate it). We are also going to book a bus tour to Victoria july 29th through www.bcpassport.com full day tour. (any input here?)

Thanks for any help because we have not done much traveling before. (californians).

Thanks again.

If the price is about the same i would suggest the Le soleil - it is a smaller boutique style of hotel located about a block away from the Hyatt and right in the heart of the financial district yet only a block from Sky train ( rapid transit), one block to Pacific Center mall and only three blocks from Canada place.

Other Vancouverites on these threads will probably add additional comments

Cheers from Vancouver

Dennis

I just booked at Le Soleil today for a precruise one-night stay in August- got a package that includes $50. for dinner in the restaurant and $40. for room service for breakfast. Any thoughts on the restaurant there?

Seems to be near enough to Gastown. Is it closer than the Four Seasons to the terminal?

Hey fellow poster people:) , thank you for your input. I was leaning for the Le Soleil myself as well. Is their anyway a person could convey the proper pronounciation of "Le soleil"? I mean, what does it sound like? is is like

Lay So-Layl? or "Le Soleel? I know this sounds funny but......not really sure.

Thanks again.

Well, I WAS a French major in college a few million years ago, and we always had fun with phonetic spelling for converstational French, but it sure got us in trouble when writing.:D

So how about: 'Ler (with a silent "r") soLAY' (accent on the second sylable)

My apologies now to all French speaking people:o

Archived