Carnival Spirit vs RC Radiance or Rhapsody

2_monkeys

Hi just would like some info on the pro's & cons of these two cruise lines. We would like to go on a cruise late Dec/early Jan of the South pacific departing Sydney. We have two boys who will be 8 & 10 at the time of cruising.

I am having trouble deciding on which cruiseline and ship as I have read lots of confusing posts! A lot of people seem to be discouraging the Carnival cruise (it seems that the majority of these negative posts are from people in the USA where I believe the cruiseline is based). Carnival will be new to Australia in Oct this year so we dont have a lot of info about it apart from a fantastic looking brochure! Royal Carribean seems to have a popular following but when comparing ships, it seems Carnival Spirit is more kid-orientated (well in my opinion anyway). I am totally confused and would love some opinions on what would be the better choice. We just want to have a great time! Thanks in advance :)

In my opinion, both will provide a nice vacation.

I have been on both Carnival & RCL & would go on either line again.

RCL tends to have more options - rock wall, ice rink... I don't cruise for those activities...

Food & entertainment are subjective - both were more than adequate to my way of thinking.

I now choose based on itinerary first, cost second... So if you prefer one itinerary over the other - there is your choice... I would also choose a longer cruise over a shorter one...

Thank you. The itinerary is more appealing for the Carnival cruise and is 12 nights instead of the 10 RC have (both cruises are a similar price). The two RC ships that are on offer at that time don't seem to have all the fantastic facilities of the other RC fleet. Maybe RC feel Aussies are easily pleased!!!

Thank you. The itinerary is more appealing for the Carnival cruise and is 12 nights instead of the 10 RC have (both cruises are a similar price). The two RC ships that are on offer at that time don't seem to have all the fantastic facilities of the other RC fleet. Maybe RC feel Aussies are easily pleased!!!

Just different - I prefer smaller ships with less extras.:)

I was on Radiance last January and loved it. Perfect size boat, beautifully decorated, and definitely kid-friendly. My son loved the kids pool area as the kids area has its own slide (made really for kids only, but adults can go on it) and little shower for a quick rinse before returning to your cabin. If I have some time later this evening I will try and post pictures of the kids pool area and their kids adventure camp.

Archived