New to Costa

mercede70

Trying to decide whether I should stick with Princess/Norwegian for our next spring cruise, but the itinerary that Costa has really intrigues me. I am not that excited about assigned only dining, so my first question would be if it is possible to get a table for two each night, or will I be seated with others?

Next, we love the speciality restaurants on board the ships, are there any terrific speciality restaurants besides the Italian? Are there outdoor grills by the pool that offer hamburgers/hotdogs/chicken?

Can anyone offer me information on the drink packages that Costa offers?

Thanks so much in advance for all of the help!

Michele

Welcome to the Costa forum. To answer your first question; yes, there are tables for two and you should specify that you want one when you book, otherwise immediately see the MDR maitre after you board. Regarding the other question on specialty restaurants, this depends on the specific ship. Some have French themes and menus, others Tex-Mex, suschi, etc., while the older ships may not have one at all. The hamburger stations are usually in the buffet area and open at lunch time. For drink packages info, just scroll down through the threads and you'll find dozens and dozens of posts.

We have done Costa several times ( but only in the Caribbean) an love the food and ships, might be my favorite food , have sailed Princess/RCCL/NCL/MSC/HAL, it does help if you like Itilian food. Costa Atalanica is one of my all-time favorite ships ( have been 54 cruises and dozens of differnt ships)

Archived