zuiderdam cabin 5185

dennis36nc

Just off the Westerdam and had 5185 on it. Cabin was larger than side verandah cabin we had on the Z last year. Verandah was very large and had 3 chairs, an ottoman, 2 lounge chairs, and a small cocktail table. We had soot from the stacks each morning, but the steward cleaned it off every day. We didn't mind people looking from above (nothing to hide here), in fact, we made some new friends that way.

Only drawback is the walk to the activities in the front of the ship.

5185 is a Cat A, not S. It's a tiny bit narrower than the side Cat A cabin, but has the triple-deep veranda. Cat A photos are in my sig below.

Candy <-- 26 days 'til Zuidy IV

We had 5187 on the opposite aft corner on the Oosterdam. It was WONDERFUL!!!! Go for it!!!

Here's a picture of the veranda. YES. It's THAT big!!! (plus the side covered veranda!):D

Last month on the Zuiderdam, we had suite 5187 and the A verandah 5185 next door. The two girls in the A cabin said they were very comfortable. While they enjoyed our corner aft cabin most of the time, they both said it was nice at times to look out their cabin and see the ocean. Cabin 5185 is a great cabin if you can't afford a suite.

Last month on the Zuiderdam, we had suite 5187 and the A verandah 5185 next door. The two girls in the A cabin said they were very comfortable. While they enjoyed our corner aft cabin most of the time, they both said it was nice at times to look out their cabin and see the ocean. Cabin 5185 is a great cabin if you can't afford a suite.

Hey Doone, I hope you didnt trash 5187 too badly ;)

Thats our cabin in October. Glad you enjoyed it. Its a great cabin.

Tim

We took very good care of it and that verandah, it was spectacular. I would book that cabin again in a second. Only draw back, its a hike to your cabin when you go to the Crowe's Nest, but hey, at least your getting some exercise to work off all that wonderful food they serve.

Enjoy the Zuiderdam and that awesome suite 5187, your going to love it.

Candy, Great pictures!! Were the pictures of the Cat.A actually 5185? We also have that cabin booked for next New Years, and were told that 5185 on the Zuiderdam is 55 square feet larger for the actual cabin only than the side cat A's not including the triple deep veranda (at 229 Sq ft cabin only, rather than 178 typical). Is that not accurate for that cabin?

Thanks for the information, and would also love to see pictures of 5185 if anyone has.

5185 is a Cat A, not S. It's a tiny bit narrower than the side Cat A cabin, but has the triple-deep veranda. Cat A photos are in my sig below.

These Cat A photos were 5181. I don't know who told you they were so much bigger... maybe one of our resident Vista experts can help.

Candy, Great pictures!! Were the pictures of the Cat.A actually 5185? We also have that cabin booked for next New Years, and were told that 5185 on the Zuiderdam is 55 square feet larger for the actual cabin only than the side cat A's not including the triple deep veranda (at 229 Sq ft cabin only, rather than 178 typical). Is that not accurate for that cabin?

Thanks for the information, and would also love to see pictures of 5185 if anyone has.

That balcony looks soooo nice.

Hey, Candy. I hope you have plans on comparing the menus you have posted with the current ones. I know it is not your job to do that but as we have discussed before, you sure seem to enjoy it!

This time I'll try to post some of the Lido lunches and dinners.

Now, stop talking about food! I need to lose 10 pounds in the next 3 weeks!

That balcony looks soooo nice.

Hey, Candy. I hope you have plans on comparing the menus you have posted with the current ones. I know it is not your job to do that but as we have discussed before, you sure seem to enjoy it!

That info came from my TA who was told this by HAL. I wonder if the Cabins adjacent to the corner aft suites are a tad bigger than the center aft cabins? Can't wait to go and find out myself.

Archived