Vancouver nonexpensive hotels

It could be the Bayshore...I am more inclined to think it's the Sheraton....but really it's only a guess. Whatever, a 4* at $130, you can't lose.

It was the Bayshore. I was hoping it was the Sheraton only because we stayed there last year and we're a little familiar with the area. Oh well, we got a nice price. Thanks.

Marcia

It's not too far from the rest of downtown (I've walked it from the cruise terminal many times), but right near the Bayshore there's a fabulous upscale place called LIFT right on the water.

What is near by for breakfast?

Any grocery stores within walking distance?

I think we'll go to GasTown for dinner. I guess we'll need a taxi to get there. ????

Thanks. Marcia :)

It really is a great hotel, about as close to Stanley Park as you can get and some great views of the park, Coal Harbour and the North Shore mountains. New Safeway and BC Liquor Store 4 blocks away at Denman and Robson. There is no bus service into Gastown, it will require some walking but there is a great upscale marine pub within a block called Cordova's which has some great views and there is the Lift. You could walk down Denman St. where you will find any number of small restaurants and at the corner of Denman and Beach there is a Boathouse restaurant where you can enjoy dinner with a lovely sunset over English Bay. Breakfast....hard to beat the White Spot (a Vancouver tradition for over 80 years) which is just across the Georgia St. from the Bayshore.

Any more questions I will be happy to help, I am a native Vancouverite of some 60 years. Oh, and when you sail out of Vancouver, about an hour after you pass under the Lions Gate Bridge you will see me waiving to you if you look out the starboard side....I am often standing by my grill with a drink raised to your wonderful cruise.:)

http://www.vancouverdine.com/carderos/home.html

http://www.boathouserestaurants.ca/vancouver-restaurant-locations.php

http://whitespot.com/

What is near by for breakfast?

Any grocery stores within walking distance?

I think we'll go to GasTown for dinner. I guess we'll need a taxi to get there. ????

Thanks. Marcia :)

The world's your oyster from the Bayshore. There's Lift (I mentioned before) right there, Carderos isn't far, and a less $10 taxi ride will get you pretty much anywhere downtown.

hey, the Bayshore was good enough for Howard Hughes who lived there for 6 months less a day, back in the 70s.

With the hotel being located so far west I would expect to pay $12 or so to get anywhere in the downtown area such as Canada Place. One of the fun things about the Bayshore is its location on the Seawalk; you can easily walk into Stanley Park or to the new Trade and Convention Centre next to Canada Place on the Seawalk. My memories of the Bayshore Inn (that was before Westin) go back to when it was just the single low rise building with its big parking lot extending to Georgia St. and the big truck loggers convention each year, the "Beefeater" doormen....and who can forget Trader Vic's, you really thought you had arrived when you ate there.:)

Archived