Carnival Glory ; Cat. 1A

Kruizer3

So I'm booked for a Category 1A. My father & I had the choice of either an upper & lower (which looked worse than the traditional bunk bed layout) and was also only 150 sq ft. Or, 1 twin bed with the pullout couch/daybed.

We went with the pullout. Has anyone slept on one of these? How comfortable are/aren't they? Thanks.

So I'm booked for a Category 1A. My father & I had the choice of either an upper & lower (which looked worse than the traditional bunk bed layout) and was also only 150 sq ft. Or, 1 twin bed with the pullout couch/daybed.

We went with the pullout. Has anyone slept on one of these? How comfortable are/aren't they? Thanks.

The sofas are comfortable and it is not much different then sleeping on a twin. BTW, it doesn't pull out. They just take the back cushions off and make it up as a bed. It is kind of nice, since it won't take up extra floor space by pulling out.

Enjoy!

there is one of these cabins on the empress deck (across from 7339)

Its an awesome cabin- away from public space and its really a regular cabin.

Its next to the laundry room- we never heard any noise from that room.

See if its available

I've slept on a sofa bed twice. In both cases, they were almost as comfortable as the regular beds in the room. Although, they do fall short. On the Miracle, all beds were hard as a rock, so that wasn't a very good standard for the sofa beds to meet. But on Conquest, the regular beds were very comfy, and my sofa bed was almost as comfy, and I slept great.

Thanks for the responses so far. When they take away the back pillows of the couch is it left with an empty space between the back of the couch and the mattress? (Almost like a mattress not going all the way against the headboard of a regular bed) More reviews would be appreciated. Thanks!

And if any bed is tooo hard...mine was on Paradise....they will put a pad or double up a duvet under you, just ask.. and the top sheet or something holds it all together..the more i read the more i appreciate my steward...we started off on the wrong foot and he heard me indirectly say..not flirting here with my response.. and just was zero bother then... and didn't see him again and really kept my room clean, full of ice, tons in extra bucket..you name it he did it for me..extra pillows cause my head was under folded up bunk in Fantaasy class 1A...bon voyage...cool pictures to all who do it well...love looking evey time..LOL..Sarah

I agree with serene56. I had that room across from 7339 near the laundry on the Conquest (sister ship, I think). It's cabin 7345 - and I LOVED it. It is actually wider than a regular 1A upper/lower and has two twins that can also be made up as a queen (its listed as an upper/lower, but its two twins on the floor for sure). I brought earplugs for the noise but I never heard a peep from the laundry room or the elevators. Never even considered opening the ear plugs! It can actually sleep three as there is also an upper that can be utilized. However, mine stayed tucked away in the ceiling and was not an issue. It's towards mid ship and is close to the elevators, making it an ideal location. If you have the opportunity to switch rooms, this one is a winner!

there is one of these cabins on the empress deck (across from 7339)

Its an awesome cabin- away from public space and its really a regular cabin.

Its next to the laundry room- we never heard any noise from that room.

See if its available

6393 has 2 twin beds as well.

Sent from my commode using Tapatalk.

I have stayed in 7345 on Glory and 6393 on Conquest. Both are 1As and I have pictures posted on cruiselinerooms(dot)com. I liked 7345 so much....I booked it for Freedom in March. I was a bit worried about 6393 being over the specialty coffe bar which is right next to Club 02 but never heard a sound.

Just around the corner from mid-ship elevators/stairs is also a plus as is the laundry.

You would not think the few inches wider would make as much difference as it does!

IMHO - these two rooms are ideal as you get a 4E/F for a 1A price.

I think it helps to have these discussions alll the time because it is hard sometimes to read through a thread..but..JBGood is right and well..it was not to long ago that this was a difficult skill and I am only soo happy when I accomplish an easy search and post...LOL..here is a great long 1A thread....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=cat+1+a+cabins

Have a great cruise....Sarah

Archived